cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Accurate 2 Finger Vertical Scrolling with Touchpad

dstrakele
Level 14
If you select the "Wheel" tab in Control Panel - Mouse, it is set to 3 lines for each wheel "notch" by default. By reducing the value to 1, you can gain a finer control of 2 finger vertical scrolling with the touchpad.

You could do the same for horizontal scrolling, but I prefer the default 3 lines.

In the "Pointer Options" tab, I have increased the pointer speed to the maximum "Fast" value to cover more real estate quickly.

I have the Sentelic touchpad running the 9.1.7.7 driver. I suspect this will work for other Sentelic (and perhaps Synaptic) drivers.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT
4 REPLIES 4

JRd1st
Level 12
Wow! Good work, Drew!
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele
Level 14
I also like the "Edge Scrolling" feature (cursor will continue on in the direction of movement when you've reached the edge of the touchpad) and "Non-stop Scrolling" feature (get the cursor moving with a 2 finger scroll and you can remove your fingers from the touchpad and the page will keep scrolling automatically - good for reading long documents).

Both of these features can be enabled in the "Finger Sensing Pad" tab by clicking on the "Configure" button, then expanding "On-pad Functions" and selecting "Two-Finger Scrolling", then checking the appropriate checkbox. NOTE: 2 Finger gestures must be enabled under the "Gestures - Tailor-made" item for these features to work.

It may take a little practice to get just the right 2 finger touch to start Non-stop scrolling, but I've found it was worth it. The trick is to get a slow Non-stop scroll going (unless you're some kinda speed reader). ;>{)>
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

JRd1st
Level 12
Congrats on the sticky!
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
i now have changed to a setting of 2 for both vertical and horizontal scrolling, and it works even more smoothly. give it a shot if you like.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11