cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make your laptop run next gen games smoothly! (Tested with my JZ)

beatc
Level 7
In order to accomplish this, you'll need to get and replace your current laptop monitor with this model CMO1720. This monitor allows you to have 2 refresh rate. First is the usual 60hz and the second is the 40hz. Ok, then you need to adjust the refresh rate in the game graphic setting to 40 if you see one. If not, you have to manually set your display refresh rate to 40 through the intel graphics properties or device manager. Viola, your game now runs very smoothly. I tested this with my laptop the g750jz and i can run games like the witcher 3 and rise of tomb rider at high settings without any lag whatsoever. :D:D:D:D
3 REPLIES 3

mihaimoga
Level 9
Nice trick, but doese't this make u run games at only 40fps constantly? I personaly prefer to lower the details but play at 60fps constantly.

mihaimoga wrote:
Nice trick, but doese't this make u run games at only 40fps constantly? I personaly prefer to lower the details but play at 60fps constantly.

Yes, it's constant 40fps but you will feel like you playing on 60!!! 😉 Besides that, you can also set your game on high settings without any performance loss. However, this will depend on your graphic card. Mine is 880m so there is no problem playing games like the rise of tomb raider, witcher 3.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I have a JZ also, and I don't need to do all that!
My stock monitor can run @ 40, or 60 refresh rate, I can run most all games on the highest GPX settings without a problem.
I just change settings in the nvidia control panel for graphic intensive games (CODBOIII, CODAW, ACU and FC4 for example) to "application controlled", and set GTX processor from "auto select" to "high performance nvidia processor"
My average FPS are 50 FPS and above.

Good luck, and good gaming!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar