cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mad Catz R.A.T. 3 Mouse problems (USB PORTS PROBLEM)

Thestroj
Level 8
Hello all, i was thinking about writing about this problem for some time, but never had the time or will to write it.
Now im just pissed of by my mouse and/or USB ports on the latop...

Couple of weeks ago i got myself an Mad Catz R.A.T. 3 mouse, mainly cause it looks nice and its made out of same material than my G750JX. The mouse is nice, goes into my hand perfectly, and 3200 DPI setting just feels good for me, overall im very happy with the mouse, probably the bets mous ei ever owned... The mouse is not wireless, so it has an cabel, i prefer mouse with cables. Cause im right handed i always plug my mouse on the left side so i dont have to deal with usb dongle on the right side.

Here is where first problem occurs. If i plug my mouse on the left side (by the cpu) my mouse stops tracking for 1 sec , then tracks for 10 sec and stops for 1 sec again. Its very anoying. it is impossible to play games or do any kind of work. Im a graphic designer.

If i plug the mouse on the right side it mainly works OK, it stops working for a second only cople of times per day. When this happens i normaly unplug the mouse and this fixes the problem. If i do not unplug it, the "not tracking for a secons" continues until i unplug it. I realy cant have my mouse pluged on the right side cause it simply bothers me, but ATM its the only solution.

- Mouse works fine on my old HP laptop (win 7)
- Tried reinstalling drivers/ R.A.T. 3 Software / Clean win 8.1 install
- Tried to clean gold plated usb connection on the mouse + on the laptop
- Tried to clean laser
- When using my old mouse everything seems ok (still testing)
- Tried to play with USB Selective suspend setting in power profile advanced settings ( no difference in any seting )

Im going to try to uninstall the software and use the mouse without the software ( but that just destroys the point of having a mouse with different DPI settings, cause it uses the default 350 DPI setting without the software) + try to older drivers.
Google search on this problem or older drivers wasnt sucsesfull...

Is anyone having the same problems? Any Ideas what to do and how to find what is causing this?
I think it could be the driver or the Software wich came along with the mouse. Maybe even USB ports on the laptop.

Could anyone with more knowledge help me out with this?

Thank you!

Mouse : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XH8S4nf2L._SL1001_.jpg
17 REPLIES 17

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Have you made sure your mouse isn't faulty in the cable from your certain mouse gestures?

Did you try turning down the mouse's polling rate?

Have you tried to disable Asus USB Charger Plus? (The voltage might be too much, not sure.)

---

I myself use a Razer Naga Epic, Wireless and Wired, and both are 100% functional. Never had a problem for the 3 months I've possessed my JX. Hopefully your USB's aren't faulty.

+ Holy Hellfire, that mouse really DOES go well with the G750 ;d My Naga still sexy though!

Hucker42
Level 7
There is a known issue with this mouse and USB3 ports which causes the issue you have mentioned. I have the same problem.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Hucker42 wrote:
There is a known issue with this mouse and USB3 ports which causes the issue you have mentioned. I have the same problem.

You might be 3 months late. ;d

Darnassus wrote:
You might be 3 months late. ;d

Haha. I will be much more late. Got same problem. Mouse works fine only on ASUS USB Charger PLus

Darnassus
Status Under Review
ONLY? It cannot function without it? That's over 1A of current. ;U

Darnassus wrote:
ONLY? It cannot function without it? That's over 1A of current. ;U

No not only. It works in every port but only on this one without freezing.

Maxter
Level 9
I chose the Genius Gila instead... looks better IMO

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Maxter wrote:
I chose the Genius Gila instead... looks better IMO

What in the world?! ;U

Maxter
Level 9
right?! (I know you'd like, Darnassuss) 🙂