cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to buy a G750JM but...

kirby2525
Level 7
I keep hearing about a horrific sounding constant BSOD issue with the JM model, Is the laptop even usable? Is it as bad as it sounds? Are there any fixes? Has anyone here not had the issue?

EDIT: Also increasing the scare factor is I've been buying ASUS products for 10 years now and have never had a single problem with one aside from an EeePC's hinge protector coming loose from a light drop, then suddenly when looking at this all I hear about is this BSOD thing.
15 REPLIES 15

cloakndagger085
Level 7
Ill be honest i must be extremely luck then with my JM. Ive been running it for about 4 months now give or take and not a single BSOD vert or horiz lines. Ive upgraded by adding more ram up to 20GB and added an SSD as my primary. Plays great for the MMO's i was playing. Like i said though i must knock on wood because i have yet to see a problem. I buy ASUS products all the time and get the same quality from each one. Hopefully this one last as long as my old g73.

cloakndagger085 wrote:
Ill be honest i must be extremely luck then with my JM. Ive been running it for about 4 months now give or take and not a single BSOD vert or horiz lines. Ive upgraded by adding more ram up to 20GB and added an SSD as my primary. Plays great for the MMO's i was playing. Like i said though i must knock on wood because i have yet to see a problem. I buy ASUS products all the time and get the same quality from each one. Hopefully this one last as long as my old g73.

Heya, how color reproduction and contrast on half brightness? Is there any hiss when you put your headphones? Those are my last questions, I think am gonna buy that beast:) or Lenovo y70:). I dont know yet.

What specific ram did you get for your JM? Can you post a link to brand and specifc ram? I currently have 8GB and trying to upgrade to 12 or 16GB.

cloakndagger085
Level 7
color is good as far as ive seen. I cant say anything to the headphones i use wireless headphones. I guess i can try to find a pair and try it out when i get back to the hotel. Working out of town right now so dont have all my stuff with me.

Arnas
Level 7
Thanks mate, appreciate your help:).

gbman11
Level 7
I am own a asus g750JM and it works fine perfect for gaming, music production, and video and photo editing.
Asus G750JM
CPU Inter Core I7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 880M
RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ