cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquid metal on cpu/gpu G751JY

Tmjpwns
Level 7
I'm looking to improve the thermals on my stationary laptop while I'm working on it replacing the messed up keyboard, has anyone tried liquid metal on the GTX 980 and the 4710hq?
I'm getting Noctua NT h1 for the vram and chipset.
I have the surfaces prepped, but will take the cooler and fans to the garage first to clean out the fans and copper fins.
G751JY 32GB GTX980M OC, Killer Wlan, Liquid Metal.
Maximus XIII, I9-11900, 64gb,TUF RTX 3080, ROG Ally
4 REPLIES 4

AtGrigorov
Level 10
I also bought LM but in the meantime my Noctua NT-H2 arrived and decided to use it while Conductonaut was on the way. It performs so good, I'm not touching it at all for now (very thin layer, spread evenly). Later tried the LM on my old Asus, but it didn't work as expected. Tried once with very small amount and it appeared it's not doing its job at all. Then I thought the coopper might be bent from the years and heat, not making good contact, reopened and added a little bit more, and no effect. Finaly cleaned it out and placed paste again. I'm following this thread with anticipation for your results.

Tmjpwns
Level 7
What type of LM did you go with? I was going to order Kryonaut but it appears that I have ordered Conductonaut. Which has me concerned with aluminum.
G751JY 32GB GTX980M OC, Killer Wlan, Liquid Metal.
Maximus XIII, I9-11900, 64gb,TUF RTX 3080, ROG Ally

Kryonaut is paste, but Conductonaut is liquid metal (mixture of gallium and indium if I'm not mustaken), which can't be used with aluminum as it will dissolve it.

Clintlgm
Level 14
While using LM on a notebook great care will be need to be taken you must protect the sounding area from getting any of the substance contamination. @Dreamonic has accomplished this on a G752 you might want to discuss this with him before proceeding.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro