cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest nvidia update problem..

mintys1
Level 7
Hi, ever since I think the latest graphics update, I know get a 1" black bar at the top and bottom of my screen...any ideas on a remedy, thanks in advance Grant.
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.
14 REPLIES 14

Bgallodoro24
Level 7
I have no problems here either.

terrybear2k
Level 8
same here, updated to 337.88 facing no problems at all, update it for watch dogs and gain a few fps in game

hmscott
Level 12
mintys1 wrote:
Hi, ever since I think the latest graphics update, I know get a 1" black bar at the top and bottom of my screen...any ideas on a remedy, thanks in advance Grant.

mintys1, looking through the Nvidia forums, this looks like a long time recurring problem that gets triggered simply by doing an update, doesn't matter what version to what version.

Did you do a Custom => Clean install? - you might try that first. Uninstall the current driver via Programs and Features, then do a Custom => Clean install of the 337.88 driver. That should get rid of the preferences.

Then try setting the resolution to another setting, try both the same aspect ratio, and if that doesn't work try a resolution that is a different aspect ratio to 1920x1080.

Another trick is to set a Custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel. You have a JH, so you can try a different refresh at 1920x1080. If you have a Chi Mei screen you can go up to 100hz, above 85hz stops moire pattern flashing - and if you have an AUO screen you can go up to 70hz.

The idea is to try using a different preference setting to see if that stops the aspect ratio mismatch.

hmscott...yes have now tried a clean install of nividia, tried the refresh rate change etc..and still the problem persists.
Might just bite the bullet and start over aaaah!
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.

mintys1 wrote:
hmscott...yes have now tried a clean install of nividia, tried the refresh rate change etc..and still the problem persists.
Might just bite the bullet and start over aaaah!

mintys1, sorry to hear that... hopefully you can figure out the cause so it doesn't happen again after the reload... I haven't seen that problem reported here before. But, googling finds plenty of examples of the same issue on other hardware.

Let us know how it works out 🙂