cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard wakes up ASUS Rogue out of its nap and I don't want that

Amenophis
Level 10
I have an ASUS Rogue Republic of Gamers with Windows 10 on board. For some strange reason (and weird also) I cannot stop the keyboard from waking the laptop out of sleep.
I've gone into Device Manager, Keyboard, Properties, Power Management and unchecked "allow this Device to wake the computer." I've rebooted the machine but this still does not stop the keyboard from waking the computer out of sleep.
I've gone into the BIOS but can see nothing there that gives me any option to overcome this unhappy problem. If you folks have got some advice or suggestions, I'm listening or is that looking.
14 REPLIES 14

cdma2k
Level 7
then try
powercfg /devicequery wake_programmable
if the keyboard is not listed, then it is not user-cobfigurable

Amenophis
Level 10
The only thing I see in this list with regards to the Keyboard is as follows,
HID Keyboard Device (001)
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center)
I would gather from this that this Keyboard is non-configurable. Would you agree?

Julskey
Level 10
I'm sorry for asking, but why would you not want the keyboard to wake your laptop from sleep?

Amenophis
Level 10
Read earlier in my postings. Don't have to be sorry for the question. 🙂

Amenophis
Level 10
O yea O yea, please all do take your stations as I will unload on you the earliest and latest update as to why the keyboard wakes up the computer and nothing you nor I can do about it. It is simply because the ASUS Rogue is not geared to stop this exciting event from happening. In other words, there is no way according to ASUS Support that we can do that. With that, let's do move on to other great things, such as why do some laptops explode right into their users faces.