cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received ASUS G750JZ, what should I look for?

Master_Po
Level 7
You know, errors and such.

Right now, watching my screen.. There seems to be no linear waves falling down.
(I have that on my G75VW, replaced 5 times, still waves.. but it's going to RMA tomorrow.)

ASUS G750JZ looks amazing, but at a site like http://translate.google.com/
I notice that the white isn't completely white like on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
For example, this gray box I'm writing my post in right now, it's not 100% grey, it's all bit like extreme miniature square. :confused:

What do you guys recommend me to check and what is your opinion about the screen, or your experience?
5 REPLIES 5

senttel
Level 7
Hi Master Pro,

If I were you I would run CPU/GPU stress test several times to check the temps, also try to look for any dead pixels on the screen. To be honest there is not much you can do, if there is no obvious fouls you'll just have to wait and see if any problems develops during longer time, anyway, this is a heck of a computer you got, enjoy it!

Master_Po
Level 7
Thanks, I'm going to download Battlefield 4 and Asssassin's Creed Black Flag and see how that goes. 🙂

I have to say.. the keyboard feels really good. Sound on this beast is also better than I expected for a laptop. 🙂
(Hm, should I download the latest official NVIDIA drivers too?)

KoolASUS
Level 7
Master Po wrote:

ASUS G750JZ looks amazing, but at a site like http://translate.google.com/
I notice that the white isn't completely white like on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
For example, this gray box I'm writing my post in right now, it's not 100% grey, it's all bit like extreme miniature square.

Hello, all previous G750 have weird screen issues. Apparently this hasn't been solved ?
What do you mean by "not 100% grey, it's all bit like extreme miniature square" (typing this from a Dell M710 with glossy LG screen, and it's a 100% uniform grey)

Master_Po
Level 7
Previous G750 have weird screen issues, what kind?

KoolASUS
Level 7