cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with AC adaptor charger or laptop? - 2021 G533QR

von-M
Level 7
I've had this laptop for around a year and a half and most of the time I've used USB C rather than the main AC adaptor.

However lately I've been gaming more frequently and therefore have had it plugged into the AC adaptor and noticed that once in a while it's cycled between profiles and battery to AC. I couldn't figure it out until I noticed that it would occur if I moved the charger cord where it plugs into the laptop.

A closer look (pic below) shows that the inside of the plug looks to be worn away which I'm guessing is causing the spotty connection, I've contacted ASUS to replace the charger but wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar?

1 REPLY 1

von-M
Level 7
von-M wrote:
I've had this laptop for around a year and a half and most of the time I've used USB C rather than the main AC adaptor.

However lately I've been gaming more frequently and therefore have had it plugged into the AC adaptor and noticed that once in a while it's cycled between profiles and battery to AC. I couldn't figure it out until I noticed that it would occur if I moved the charger cord where it plugs into the laptop.

A closer look (pic below) shows that the inside of the plug looks to be worn away which I'm guessing is causing the spotty connection, I've contacted ASUS to replace the charger but wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar?

For some reason I can't see the text in the original post but I can see it if I quote the post.. strange