cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal CPU temperature for G750JX?

Eretaia
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I have recently bought G750JX and I've got some doubts about CPU temperature. When doing some heavier 3d rendering (in 3ds Max and Vray), the CPU temperature usually reaches around 88ºC / 190ºF. Would this be considered normal?
21 REPLIES 21

Pitcher1
Level 9
when you temp is 88, laptop is normal? if yes, i think it is ok, becasue you play heav game, the temp is get high.

Yes, it's normal. It doesn't even get hot when you touch it and you can hear fans more and more as the temperature is increasing. It only gets this hot when rendering which happens at 100% CPU usage... so I guess it's fine, no? I was browsing other topics about max temperatures on G750 and some people mentioned it never gets past 80ºC for them even when they're playing the heaviest of games, so that's what gets me confused.

Thank you for reply!

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Eretaia wrote:
Yes, it's normal. It doesn't even get hot when you touch it and you can hear fans more and more as the temperature is increasing. It only gets this hot when rendering which happens at 100% CPU usage... so I guess it's fine, no? I was browsing other topics about max temperatures on G750 and some people mentioned it never gets past 80ºC for them even when they're playing the heaviest of games, so that's what gets me confused.

Thank you for reply!

You may need a repaste if your CPU is getting hot. Though it's not getting over 90 which is okay.

Before you go for a repaste..

What's your room temperature?

What is your laptop sitting on?

Have you ever been convicted of taking the cookie, from the cookie jar?

How long have you owned the unit?

Mine never exceeds 75. I've been waiting to ever see it reach 80, on a 36*C day weather.

Darnassus wrote:
You may need a repaste if your CPU is getting hot. Though it's not getting over 90 which is okay.

Before you go for a repaste..

What's your room temperature?

What is your laptop sitting on?

Have you ever been convicted of taking the cookie, from the cookie jar?

How long have you owned the unit?

Mine never exceeds 75. I've been waiting to ever see it reach 80, on a 36*C day weather.

The laptop is brand-new, I got it 4 days ago. No way it'd need a repaste in this condition. Or so I hope, haha. Anyway, the room temperature is 24ºC max and I'm always keeping it on a clean flat surface. When idle or doing simple things like browsing the web, the temperatures go from 36ºC to 44ºC. Heck, even when doing some really complex high-poly modelling in 3ds Max, the temperature rarely goes over 44ºC. It's only 3d rendering that makes it jump extremely. Of course, it's logical that it'd get a lot hotter, I just don't know if this hot is actually considered normal for a laptop with a thermal system like this.

I think I'm just being paranoid, haha.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Eretaia wrote:
The laptop is brand-new, I got it 4 days ago. No way it'd need a repaste in this condition. Or so I hope, haha. Anyway, the room temperature is 24ºC max and I'm always keeping it on a clean flat surface. When idle or doing simple things like browsing the web, the temperatures go from 36ºC to 44ºC. Heck, even when doing some really complex high-poly modelling in 3ds Max, the temperature rarely goes over 44ºC. It's only 3d rendering that makes it jump extremely. Of course, it's logical that it'd get a lot hotter, I just don't know if this hot is actually considered normal for a laptop with a thermal system like this.

I think I'm just being paranoid, haha.

Funny how mine is usually at 45-50*C when idle Also my motherboard seems to be the hottest object when under load and my graphics the lowest.

Maybe I need to try some extreme 3D Rendering and try replicate it myself. I used the RealBench and my temperature only reached a max of 76*C. I guess your task must be much more heavy than the bencher.. I don't know.

You didn't tell us if you stole any cookies.. >:c

Still 88 doesn't sound right. But yes as long as it doesn't go above 90, really.. but that's my personal absolute dead-zone for my own 'Caring for my System' law.

Darnassus wrote:
Funny how mine is usually at 45-50*C when idle Also my motherboard seems to be the hottest object when under load and my graphics the lowest.

Maybe I need to try some extreme 3D Rendering and try replicate it myself. I used the RealBench and my temperature only reached a max of 76*C. I guess your task must be much more heavy than the bencher.. I don't know.

Still 88 doesn't sound right. But yes as long as it doesn't go above 90, really.. but that's my personal absolute dead-zone for my own 'Caring for my System' law.

As far as I know, 3D rendering is near the top of the list when it comes to the biggest stress that you can put your system under and it's certainly more demanding than most games; unfortunately, I haven't tried any games yet on my JX to compare but I'm almost certain I wouldn't get temperatures this high. Anyway, I ran a 5-min render and this is what I got:

Darnassus wrote:
You didn't tell us if you stole any cookies.. >:c

Shhh. :cool:

Phoeny
Level 8
88C does not seem Normal to me ... i have 80C @ full load ... other members have 70C .... but with the JH model which has the bigger heatsinks ...

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Try a game like Crysis (the first), if you have much net speed, grab the demo and run on the first level for 10 mins to get a good read. I'll replicate.

Also try the realbench, one cycle. Note your temps for each cycle.

We might be getting a little too indepth. The chip is safe to take up to 100*C, mind you.

Thanks for the advice. I'll report back. 🙂