cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there ANY solution to this G752VY buzzing speaker?

davemon50
Level 11
G752VY is the laptop. The Realtek driver from the support page is version 7831. I have that installed.

I have tried every possible thing for weeks upon weeks and cannot get rid of this stupid buzzing, which is coming from the area of the subwoofer. It is software related, not hardware. I know this for a couple reasons: first whenever it engages I hear a click as if an application is starting when the buzzing starts, and then about 2 seconds after the buzzing stops I hear another click as if turning something off. Second reason is because I uninstalled the Realtek device and software under the Windows Device Manager, and before the Realtek software gets installed again the speakers work fine without this buzzing. But then I lose the driver and Windows automatically updates it again to version 7831.

What can I do about this? I'm about to throw this laptop at the wall. Everything else is great, but this sound loud buzzing is exasperating. I have read every solution on the net for so many others who have this problem and none of those solutions apply or work.

Bottom line, can I go somewhere online and download a different driver? Will it even work with this laptop? This never used to happen, it started about 2 months ago, and probably coincident with some Windows update. Obviously Asus doesn't update the sound drivers to be current with Windows or this would never have started. ANY, and I mean ANY, suggestions before my head explodes?
Davemon50
32 REPLIES 32

davemon50
Level 11
As a workaround I wound up buying THIS USB SPEAKER / SOUNDBAR and hooking it up yesterday. It's both wired and unwired (BT), and it's nice looking.

Quick bullet point review in case anyone is looking at buying an external speaker:

- It has an internal chargeable battery so you don't have to keep the USB cord plugged into it.

- It sounds ok (not poor, not great) - not a huge dynamic range but I can get some decent volume out of it with at least a fair frequency range. Very high frequencies (especially speaker test tones) cause the speaker to have a slightly tinny rattle, which is annoying. Does not happen below the higher frequencies, even at highest volumes. I don't think this unit is defective, it's just the limitation of the range.

- If you plug in USB only it does work (limited amps I'm pretty sure) but SSII does not recognize the device and W10 calls it a USB headphone.

- If you plug in 3.5mm it puts out more power and then W10 recognizes it as the "speakers", and now SSII can find it. However SSII equalizer adjustments doesn't appear to affect the sound as far as I can tell. It did sound like it had equalization effects, but altering SSII settings did not seem to change the sound in music samples. I need more testing on this part.

- If you play this speaker through the bluetooth connection the sound quality (my experience in 1 day) is poor. There has to be a way then to control the equalization or enhancements, but I could not find one, and again SSII does not recognize the device through BT, so I gave up on that connection ultimately and went back to the 3.5mm connection which I think is the best option overall for this soundbar.

- The width of the whole soundbar is slightly shorter than the width of the G752VY and its profile is low height, so you can place it conveniently on top of and neatly across the front of the laptop (over the touchpad) and still nicely see the monitor, in case you are just reading or perhaps watching a movie. Or directly behind the laptop as well without too much extra space being taken up. I tried both and liked both options. I was even able to type on the keypad with it sitting across the touchpad, although more slowly.

As an aside, I tried to sit it adjacent to the screen on top the laptop so most of the KB wouldn't be hindered, but the feet are not set outwards far enough on the width and they wind up pressing down on keys due to its weight. If you slide it 1 way or the other it still gets one of the keys. Also if you use the 3.5mm connection, it's in the back so it pushes the unit farther out from the screen (not an issue with BT connection).

So, overall this is a decent workaround for the problem noted in this thread. However, I may still have to unplug the subwoofer in this laptop since the problem seemingly cannot be resolved. 😞
Davemon50

Hi

I came from the future.

After working around replacing the keyboard-palmrest complete piece, I started to play with this issue.

Found out that if I disconnected the cable to the speakers, the sound worked just fine from the subwoofer.

I theorize that the speaker - motherboard cable connector is faulty and gonna find a replacement to try to fix it.

Dont know where to order one though.

You could contact a local repair shop an see if they are able to get what you need.