cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 23-24 inch monitor with similar screen color/brightness as the g751jy?

NemoReborn
Level 7
Like title says , i am looking for a 23-24 inch monitor that look the same as the g751jy db72 's screen. I bought a 24 ips lg but the white was not as bright than our screen .. So i am looking for a monitor with same color and white brightness as the laptop's screen

Any clue?
4 REPLIES 4

DomGolby
Level 7
Not specifically but I would imagine on the internet somewhere you could find the brightness measurement, usually in "nits" I think, then compare that to other monitors as it may be listed in the product details.

nab
Level 11
The panel of the G751 is from LG (AH-IPS), their is factory calibration from the manufacturer (Asus) I guess during assemblage.
More info of your LG will be nice, which LG model ? the panel dimension is different, you won't necessarily have the same color reproduction.
Brightness on the G751 is only 300cd/m.
You should play with the settings of your 24 IPS LG and calibrate this one to match the one from your G751.

Exostenza
Level 9
Problem is that your laptop screen can do 100hz and if you get an external using HDMI you are limited to 60hz. I desperately want a bigger monior when I am home but going back to 60hz is a no go for me when gaming as the difference is too big to give up. Thought I'd chime in with that and if it doesn't matter to you then just ignore my post I guess.

Exostenza wrote:
Problem is that your laptop screen can do 100hz and if you get an external using HDMI you are limited to 60hz. I desperately want a bigger monior when I am home but going back to 60hz is a no go for me when gaming as the difference is too big to give up. Thought I'd chime in with that and if it doesn't matter to you then just ignore my post I guess.

This is false.

Since HDMI 1.4 HDMI can do 1080p at 120 no sweat. Your only limitations are bandwidth (basically pixel count x Hz) and the monitor itself.

If you want your monitors to look the same, look towards getting both your screens color calibrated and keep your new monitor to a matte IPS panel. If you want to get real into it check out RBG / NTSC coverage charts and find a monitor with similar coverage as your laptops screen, all of this is available on line.

If you go through with this, please update the thread with your findings and results, perhaps others will be interested.