cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the G74SX TH71 a good option?

ClintonD
Level 7
Hello guys,I am about to purchase a G74SX TH71 from TigerDirect.com.I ll be getting it from an uncle in the US as I stay in India.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1219120&pagenumber=2&RSor...

I had a few doubts.
In the specs it is written-
Optical Drive-Blu ray Player.
What does that mean?
And if I have any issues with the touchpad in the future ,are these issues rapairable under warranty?I have authorized Asus service centre at my place.I wanted to knw whether these problems r repairable or they need a full replacement?
Please reply soon.
Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16

JRd1st
Level 12
then get it, i guess. You still get the speed of 192 bit cores bu at 720p. I think that's a good compromise.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

ClintonD
Level 7
Yup,I too thought so...
Thanks for the help sir..

xeromist
I just thought I'd add that if you ever have to deal with repair for any reason, make sure you deal with a global facility. Some of the local shops only deal with models sold locally so they can be a pain. But hopefully that won't matter because yours will work perfectly and never need sending in. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

ClintonD
Level 7
I ll opt for the authorized Asus service centres only.

tiger direct lists the res to be 1600x900 but everywhere else ive looked says its a full 1080 display. Anyone know the actual res?

fuzon1337
Level 10
As you can see in this link this notebook does come with HD+ screen and Full HD.

But with the exact model that this thread has listed, I cannot confirm which resolution it got.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Holy
Level 7
the model linked originally is 1600x900
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod