cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my G75 dead?

Sinless
Level 10
Hi !

About 30 mins ago, i was coding in Dreamweaver and listening some music, suddenly my G75 shutted down. I press the power button but nothing happens. When the power brick is unplugged to the laptop, i can see a green led on the power brick, but if i connect the power brick the led turns off.

Any ideas?
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305
17 REPLIES 17

MaXimus711
Level 10
your laptop is dead, time to buy a new one

Damn, i have very important stuff on my lap, and im really scared because the RMA process is VERY VERYY SLOW in Mexico.

You guys think the data on the HDD is lost? this is really bad 😞
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Sinless wrote:
Damn, i have very important stuff on my lap, and im really scared because the RMA process is VERY VERYY SLOW in Mexico.

You guys think the data on the HDD is lost? this is really bad 😞

no the HDD data should be fine

Remove the HDD, connect it to an external SATA to USB connecter on another PC, and copy your files

even though the RMA is slow you at least will get a new laptop then just put your old HDD back

Also, try this, while the power is connected, hold the POWER key on your laptop for 35 seconds, then remove your finger off it, then try to power it on again. see if it works

Sinless
Level 10
Sadly your trick does not works on my laptop. Damn, cant believe this happen. The funny part is the asus G75 is not for sale yet in Mexico, i bought it in USA, i hope Asus Global Warranty covers in Mexico too.

:(:(:(:(:(
Old reliable Qosmio X305

dstrakele
Level 14
I think you may have encountered a charging problem in your laptop that allowed the battery to run down. If you remove the battery, hold the Power On button down for 30 seconds, then plug the power adapter in with battery uninstalled, will the laptop start?

If not, I would remove the HDD and install it in another computer or a USB external drive enclosure and attempt to recover your files. I'd then wipe it, put it back in the laptop, and return it to the retailer for a new G75 or a complete refund.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=power+adapter+led+goes+out&oq=power+adapter+led... gives hits of others who've experienced the same issue. Some managed to recover, but I'd still recommend exchange or refund even if you do get the laptop to fire up.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I think you may have encountered a charging problem in your laptop that allowed the battery to run down. If you remove the battery, hold the Power On button down for 30 seconds, then plug the power adapter in with battery uninstalled, will the laptop start?

If not, I would remove the HDD and install it in another computer or a USB external drive enclosure and attempt to recover your files. I'd then wipe it, put it back in the laptop, and return it to the retailer for a new G75 or a complete refund.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=power+adapter+led+goes+out&oq=power+adapter+led... gives hits of others who've experienced the same issue. Some managed to recover, but I'd still recommend exchange or refund even if you do get the laptop to fire up.

Did not work. This is a sad day
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Sinless wrote:
Did not work. This is a sad day

someone has jinxed you 😞

I had a similar thing happen to me recently with my new G75VW, it wouldn't power up no matter what I did, I too thought it was the end of the world. In the end I took the battery out and put it back in and it solved everything. I hope your fix will be as easy.