cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my G75 dead?

Sinless
Level 10
Hi !

About 30 mins ago, i was coding in Dreamweaver and listening some music, suddenly my G75 shutted down. I press the power button but nothing happens. When the power brick is unplugged to the laptop, i can see a green led on the power brick, but if i connect the power brick the led turns off.

Any ideas?
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305
17 REPLIES 17

Sinless
Level 10
OMFG my g75 is alive !!!!!!!!!, just pressed the power button and BAM !

i hope this is not a dream..

EDIT

Thanks godness all my work is fine ! 😉
Old reliable Qosmio X305

dstrakele
Level 14
It's a dream only if you believe it is the end of your problems with that laptop. Enough time passed for the problem component to discharge, or for the CPU or GPU to cool down, but it is likely a hardware problem remains. I recommend you still exchange or return it if that is possible.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
It's a dream only if you believe it is the end of your problems with that laptop. Enough time passed for the problem component to discharge, or for the CPU or GPU to cool down, but it is likely a hardware problem remains. I recommend you still exchange or return it if that is possible.

You were right !

The battery does not charge anymore.
I sent it to RMA.
Old reliable Qosmio X305

kiba
Level 10
it could be a mobo problem similar to the one i had w/ my 1st and 2nd G75's
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Mason
Level 10
Hey Sinless,

Just wanted to let you know that the service center there in Mexico should have your replacement parts by early next week as they were sent from our US HQ to the Mexico service center on Wednesday. You should be getting your G75 very soon. 😃

Sinless
Level 10
Thanks a lot Mason !

All companies need employees like you !

Can't wait to have my g75 again !!
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Sinless wrote:
Thanks a lot Mason !

All companies need employees like you !

Can't wait to have my g75 again !!

Np Sinless.
I wouldn't want to keep a g75 away from its owner any longer than necessary, and vice versa 🙂

c_man
Level 11