cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth to clean install asus rog than format with bloatware?!? Anyone tried it?

Fataleyez
Level 7
I really want to know if it really worth it like it can improve performance and solve a bug on ASUS ROG installed bloatware or something else that have a problem with the system like the CPU and GPU will like randomly increase and decrease the clock by itself when it was idle, yeah is it worth it to clean install?

Arigatou Gozaimasu 😄
Thanks for reading :cool:
13 REPLIES 13

JustinThyme wrote:
On a laptop I always discourage clean installs. If you read around a bit in this section of the forum one thing you will see a lot of, people with problems AFTER they did a so called "clean install" I haven't counted but I would venture so say this is probably the most posted problem from fixing something that wasn't broken.

Bloatware is minimal and can be uninstalled in 5 mins or less with Ccleaner.
Gaming center is actually crucial to getting the max clocks out of your rig and is model dependent. On a G752 series no gaming center and you miss out on higher clocks that are available and can only be activated in the gaming center.

If you cant avoid the temptaion.....
Always have the IRST drivers ready
Always save the eSupport folder that has all your drivers and software as some of it is not replaceable online.

I have another question, can you explain about V-Sync, G-Sync, and without using both of them, what is the Pros and Cons for enable V/G-Sync than disable them? ty.

Fataleyez wrote:
I have another question, can you explain about V-Sync, G-Sync, and without using both of them, what is the Pros and Cons for enable V/G-Sync than disable them? ty.

Please forgive the children who find it necessary to correct *simple grammar problems instead of trying to help someone who is at least trying and it’s obvious that English is not their primary language. You are doing fine at conveying what it is you seek.*

Vsync is old news that doesn’t do much. It’s a software attempt to do what gysync does through hardware.*
Gsync matches the display refresh rate to the output of the GPU.
What sometimes happens when your display is refreshing too fast you get tearing. What’s happening is the display is pulling the same frame more than once and it causes a shift on the display. Turn Gsync on and no matter what refresh rate the display is set at it will be matched to the frame rendering rate of the GPU. Intensive game slows down to 40FPS then the display is slowed to 40Hz to match it.*

This is about quality not performance. I generally leave Gsync turned off unless I start getting unreasonable and repetitive screen tearing as it does take processing time to make the magic happen. This will result in a slight performance hit. Drops my 3Dmarks Firstrike score by about 500 just having it enabled and having the GeForce experience app running takes another hit of 200-300 points.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

haihane
Level 13
fair enough. i was taken aback by the lack of punctuation. i dished some out, i'll take it back in stride.

Justin, the hero of the day, saving a damsel in distress.
put it this way: once you're properly trained in sentence structuring, these things follow you for life. my mistake was i allowed my annoyance getting the better of me, though nowhere did i say i wouldn't help.

i wouldn't call this condition OCD, but it disturbs me to a degree that i cannot Not-Fix it. it came to me much later that i came across as rude (though that wasn't my intention, but rather, help me understand you so folks can help you better).

i should learn from mkz168, better voice out one's irk with threats to screw one's mother in another language and avoid getting caught altogether. while i, get slapped on the wrist for a reaction i couldn't help.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
fair enough. i was taken aback by the lack of punctuation. i dished some out, i'll take it back in stride.

Justin, the hero of the day, saving a damsel in distress.
put it this way: once you're properly trained in sentence structuring, these things follow you for life. my mistake was i allowed my annoyance getting the better of me, though nowhere did i say i wouldn't help.

i wouldn't call this condition OCD, but it disturbs me to a degree that i cannot Not-Fix it. it came to me much later that i came across as rude (though that wasn't my intention, but rather, help me understand you so folks can help you better).

i should learn from mkz168, better voice out one's irk with threats to screw one's mother in another language and avoid getting caught altogether. while i, get slapped on the wrist for a reaction i couldn't help.

Holy smoke, you actually went to Google for it [emoji14]

But back to the question itself.. No I had not had one single problem after clean install! Just make sure you get all the drivers from ASUS’s website then you’ll be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk