cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to increase Asus G752VY refresh rate to 100hz from 75hz

BL_11
Level 7
I am curious if it is safe to increase Asus G752VY refreash rate to 100 hz from 75hz and is it stable.
8 REPLIES 8

TheKnight
Level 7
Why would you want to do that? You're hardly ever going to get 100 FPS in any game (unless you play at the lowest settings possible). I don't know what your knowledge is about refresh rates but they don't work like "the higher the better". Correct me if I'm wrong but It's like getting a super car that has a maximum speed of 280 km/h. What's the point in being able to drive with 280km/h if the max speed you are ever going to go is 70km/h? Same goes with refresh rates and FPS. Besides, the G752VY has G-Sync and I'm not sure how G-sync is going to react to a change in the Hz.

TheKnight wrote:
Why would you want to do that? You're hardly ever going to get 100 FPS in any game (unless you play at the lowest settings possible). I don't know what your knowledge is about refresh rates but they don't work like "the higher the better". Correct me if I'm wrong but It's like getting a super car that has a maximum speed of 280 km/h. What's the point in being able to drive with 280km/h if the max speed you are ever going to go is 70km/h? Same goes with refresh rates and FPS. Besides, the G752VY has G-Sync and I'm not sure how G-sync is going to react to a change in the Hz.

I am playing overwatch with lowest settings and it feels smoother when the fps is above 75 fps and someone told me to not use g sync.

Armesis
Level 10
FYI in Rainbow Six Siege im getting 75-110FPS on my G752VY 980M (Very high settings). Refresh rate is set at 75hz, strange...

Armesis wrote:
FYI in Rainbow Six Siege im getting 75-110FPS on my G752VY 980M (Very high settings). Refresh rate is set at 75hz, strange...

That's because you probably have G-SYNC ON but V-SYNC OFF. G-SYNC was designed to work in unison with V-SYNC and up until a driver update in 2015 that was the default setting. V-SYNC caps the FPS to the screens max refresh rate.
Nvidia gave us the option to have G-SYNC ON and V-SYNC OFF for players who like to play at the highest FPS possible. Bare in mind that as soon as your FPS exceed your max refresh rate then G-SYNC no longer functions and you'll get tearing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Armesis wrote:

I don't want to change the subject of this topic but can you please post the full list of settings you are using in R6 Siege? We seem to have the same model and both play at very high settings but I never get more than 55 FPS.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Gsync is to slow the monitor down not speed it up. Not needed if you are not seeing any tearing as its a performance hit. Just because your GPU renders at 110 FPS the monitor is only using 75 of those 110 frames if you are at 75Hz.

I cant say if the monitor will even support 100Hz, never tried it and never heard of anyone trying it. There are several utilities out there just be forewarned that while Ive not heard of anyone screwing the pooch on display OC it will certainly not be covered under warranty if you do.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

BoutTime01
Level 7
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?t=3073

BoutTime01
Level 7
http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101/