cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a recovery DVD with the Asus G55VW

UnAimed
Level 9
Could anybody tell me if it is possible to create a Recovery DVD for the Asus G55VW? I have not found any information regarding this. From what I understand this is only for the G75VW and the G55VW has a recovery partition instead? I'm contemplating upgrading the hard drive in the future to an SSD so it would be nice if there is a way to create a recovery DVD just like the G75VW can.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

rewben
Level 13
if your laptop runs windows 7 from factory, it's very likely that you have a software called AI Recovery that nags every time you log in to the windows. with that software you can create a set of recovery DVDs.

this software has phased out in models that runs stock windows 8. however, you can still use windows' built-in file recovery function to create a system image for recovery purposes.

UnAimed
Level 9
I indeed do have the model with windows 8 preloaded. So the file recovery function just backups files right? Not the OS?
Also, why is the drive partitioned in to two separate partitions? Data and OS. I don't see there to be any benefits to this.

rewben
Level 13
no, UnAimed, there is an option to allow you to create a system image (a full system backup) in windows 7 file recovery in w8.

it's a better practice to separate data from system, so that you can reinstall your operating system without doing anything to your data.

Pitcher1
Level 9
you also are able to buy RDVD in ASUS estroe.

UnAimed
Level 9
Thanks for the reply Mike, I tried searching the Asus website but I'm unable to locate it. Could you provide me with a link? 😄

Edit: Ah I see it's the E store website. I do see a recovery dvd for Windows 7 but not Windows 8 which is what my model came preloaded with.