Did you mean: 

Is it Good to update BIOS to version 222

Teddy1
Level 7
GUys what yah think. Im currently in 221 and want to update to version 222
7 REPLIES 7

Nivaku
Level 9
If your computer right now is working properly then I honestly dont see a reason to update it. If it aint broke, dont fix it right? If your having some issues that you may think the BIOS may fix then I dont see why not, just make sure your computer is plugged in a power source.

Anyways,

Here's my .10 cents my .02 cents is free...

Fire
Level 10
I've upgraded to 222 since day one since it was released and have not had a single issue

vintagepimpage
Level 7
No. There are those reporting, I being one of them, being left with a computer showing a blank screen on boot up. In my case I was running 222 for a couple days, no problems. Went into the BIOS to change the boot order, saved and exited.... Blank screen now when turning on the computer. Every person who's seen this problem has had to send their laptop into ASUS. I can't get back to the BIOS, can't do anything. Check the first page here on this forum to see others reporting the problem.

I'm not positive this is unique to 222, but the others I've asked said they were also on 222.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you can update BIOS, because ASUS will renew something in new BIOS everytime.

There is no compelling reason to upgrade to 222 from 221 unless you just have to have the newest bios. I normally always upgrade to the latest version until I found out from experience that both version 221 and 222 are a locked bios. That is why I reverted back to version 210 which works just as well and is unlocked.

SteveK wrote:
There is no compelling reason to upgrade to 222 from 221 unless you just have to have the newest bios. I normally always upgrade to the latest version until I found out from experience that both version 221 and 222 are a locked bios. That is why I reverted back to version 210 which works just as well and is unlocked.

locked? what's locked?

If you want to Overclock your CPU with Intel XTU for example then you can with Bios 210. Bios versions 221 and 222 are locked meaning no changes here are possible.