cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel WIFI Centrino Advanced N 6235 in G73JW?

Cody_Bishko
Level 7
Hi Everyone,

I've had enough with the stock Atheros card in my G73JW - it just started BSOD'ing for me again for no apparent reason (I think it has to do with number of open connections).

I want to replace it with an Intel card. I was going to order a 6230 which seems to be what everyone orders, but I noticed Intel has released the 6235. It's a new card apparently and even though I don't see many differences I also see no point in upgrading to old hardware! ;-0

So, my question is, does anyone know if the 6235 will slot right in just the same way the 6230 will?

Here is a link to the card:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/centrino-advanced-n-6235.html

Also, On the net I see two different SKUs for this hardware: 6235AN.HMWWB or 6235AN.HMWG

Does anyone know what the difference there is, if any? I think it has to do with the packaging but I'm not sure >.<

The reason I need to research it well is I live in Costa Rica and will have to have the card courier forwarded for me - so returns aren't really an option!

Thanks!
Cody
3 REPLIES 3

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

The card looks like the others, so I will suspect that it will fit just fine in your notebook 🙂

About the SKUs I don't know..... when I was looking at Ultimate-N 6300 there were to version 1 cheap one and one pricey one :S (and they got two different SKUs....)
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

X-ROG
Level 15
It looks like standard mPCIe so it will fit just fine! 🙂

Cody_Bishko
Level 7
Thanks,
I got a reply on the Intel forums saying that the difference in SKUs is just the bulk order, one SKU is what a builder gets when they order in boxes of 10s, the other is when they order in boxes of 100s. They are however the exact same hardware. I'll be ordering soon 🙂