cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Rapid Storage Technology on G75VX Windows 7 ?

mcvc69
Level 8
Anybody installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology on G75VX for Windows 7 ? Do you think it would make difference on performance ? and whats the best driver version for it? I didnt want to try because I read it somewhere once you installed theres no way to uninstall it since it wont show up in control panel > uninstall programs ...:(
15 REPLIES 15

Pitcher1
Level 9
you don't need install it, i think it for HDD make RAID tool.

magnitek
Level 7
I've read many articles that state the Intel RST driver will deliver better performance. Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?

Vicodin
Level 10
How can you tell if it is installed on your computer or not? I just looked all over and don't see it.

Vicodin wrote:
How can you tell if it is installed on your computer or not? I just looked all over and don't see it.

in your device manager, check if your ide ata/atapi controllers has intel 7 series chipset family sata ahci controller (this is the rst driver).

rewben wrote:
in your device manager, check if your ide ata/atapi controllers has intel 7 series chipset family sata ahci controller (this is the rst driver).

It does. I am pretty sure I found the most recent driver for it. Any way to confirm?

Vicodin wrote:
It does. I am pretty sure I found the most recent driver for it. Any way to confirm?

this is mine:

so far it's fine. not the best but it's fine to me.

rewben wrote:

Intel's website is not easy to navigate for driver downloads... I see some new ones I believe but they something about enterprise and such.

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
you should ALWAYS install the IRST driver ragardless of RAID!

It has the SATA / AHCI controller driver. that's what determines the performance!
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

mrwolf
Level 10
Danish is correct. IRST is good if u have HDD's but if you have an SSD in your system is absolutely necessary for good stable performance and safety of the drive ofcorse..