cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want Charms bar back

bcrummie
Level 7
Might anyone know how to enable the charms bar back on the right side of the screen like it was in windows 8. The windows 10 upgrade changed that and I think I may want to use the charms bar setup instead
3 REPLIES 3

joshindaphils
Level 11
For what it is worth you are the only person I've known to give the opinion that they liked the Charms bar on a non-touch device... I bet if you try living without it for a bit you will not miss it after a week.

Have you tried using tablet mode? It is supposed to make Win10 more Win8ish. I've not really explored it to tell you if that would help with this particular request.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
There's no way to toggle it on or off as it's completely removed from Windows 10, but there is third party software you can download and install that should get you an unofficial Windows 8 charms bar.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

JustinThyme
Level 13
Simple fix, roll back to win 8.1

It was OK in a touch screen but a PITA on anything else IMO Id get aggrevated with it popping up in the way all the time every time the mouse pointed got anywhere close to the right side. Clicking on the action icon on the taskbar gets you pretty much the same thing.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein