cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help diagnosing my G75vx

TheCoffeeMan
Level 7
Hello fellow Forumers!

My G75VX has been acting weird lately. (specs at the bottom)
I've been getting some strange peformance issues and GPU temps that are over 80 degrees celsius.
This laptop is a year old, and i have been overclocking it safely (according to the forums at least) until around christmas last year.
I haven't done it since then (wasn't necessary).

I overclocked because i wanted that extra boost in settings in BF4 (that is what i played a few times a week, before that it was BF3).
Here's the problem though. I've now played other games than BF4 for half a year now with no overclocking. These game are not as demanding at all (CIV V, TF2, and so on). But the last 3 months the performance of the pc has gone down significantly.

Before i could play games such as BF4 with overclocking at +135 core clock and +1000 memory clock at mid to high settings at 60fps and not get over 72 degrees celsius with the GPU
Now i get over 80 degrees celsius (GPU) and under 60fps at low settings with no overclock

All the temps are of at max stress while playing BF4, the "idle" temps are 30 then and 50 now

So my question is: What is wrong with my laptop? I look forward to responses that might help me in solving this laptop mystery!:)

Specs:
CPU: 2.4GHz i7-3630QM 3rd generation Intel
RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX670NX with 3GB Graphics Memory
23 REPLIES 23

TheCoffeeMan
Level 7
These are my temps from today, the maximum are with Chivalry running at max settings that got my GPU going 100%

Looks all normal to me. Blowing the dust out has worked for you?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

TheCoffeeMan
Level 7
I mean i guess, but i still don't get the same performance level as before in other games. And that is still a mystery to me. Should i stop the overclocking completely? or is it safe?

Well I'm not familiar with OC on these notebooks. But it is only common sense that you OC till you have problems then back off. Taking off the OC would be the first thing I would do troubleshooting any problems. It's possible that you have damaged your GPU Card. So set your GPU Back to Normal as coming from the factory. Then test all your hardware.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro