cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am about to tear the Sentellic touch pad out of my G74SX

hirethestache
Level 10
I cant take it anymore. It's been two years too long before making a complaint, but this is the worst touchpad I've ever experienced. The drivers are god awful, and the proprietary software is just as bad.

I'm on 9.1.7.7, tried the older drivers multiple times. If my palm so much as touches the pad while typing, sasjerjdjnfx9jkaoijf ess.

^^see what I did there?

So to fix the palm-freakdance, I of course enable smart-sense. This was working fine for months, when all of a sudden my functionality goes down hill. If I even so much as make a keystroke, my touchpad becomes unusable until I wiggle my finger like Michael J. Fox in a bouncy-house for at least 5 seconds. I've tried multiple configurations, none of which seem to make any difference.

I thought maybe I'd installed an interfering driver, so I rolled back almost 5 months--nothing. I thought maybe I just accidentally deleted part of the existing driver, so I did a clean uninstall/reinstall...nothing.

I'm fed up. Of course I could use a mouse, but I travel extensively, so that's not always a realistic option.

This is the best computer on the planet, with the worst trackpad in the universe.
1 REPLY 1

Pitcher1
Level 9
please send RMA to repair.