cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the camera on G74SX ??

Gradyaja
Level 7
I bought new laptop asus g74sx. I wanted to use the webcam, but i cant find it. Did anyone know how to use the webcam ? Thank you..
23 REPLIES 23

Gradyaja wrote:
How about i wanted to use it for take photo or make a video ? because i just cant find the application to open the camera..

Try the LifeFrame. It will allow you to take, save, and manipulate photos/videos.

Download and try it (see NO_DIVISION's post #6).
ASUS G74SX-3DE

i have the Asus Virtual camera utility but i cant get it to work i double click and nothing and i know my camera works when i used skype what im tiring to do is take some photos with it

Austin wrote:
i have the Asus Virtual camera utility but i cant get it to work i double click and nothing and i know my camera works when i used skype what im tiring to do is take some photos with it

Use this if you like. I haven't had any problems with it...

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps/LifeFrame3/LifeFrame3_Win7_32_Win7_64_z300021.zip

OK so i have asus virtual camera and same with that other guy, doesnt open anything, so i downloaded lifeframe3 from the link that was posted, and now its trying to tell me i cant use it cause i dont have an asus, when i do, its a g74s... does that make a difference?

Hey, i got a similar problem. I'm trying to turn on my camera but nothing happens. When i turn on skype it can't find my camera, and when I downloaded LifeFrame and turn it on it says '' The camera is used by another program'. What does it mean? Does my camera don't work? :(((

380mcn
Level 9
There is no build in webcam viewer in Window 7 and Window Vista like Window XP. But, you can try WebcamViewer, it works fine under window 7. For more info: http://www.bustatech.com/webcamviewer-a-si...wer-for-webcam/

AdelaisAer
Level 8
I am quite happy with LifeFrame3. It's nice and actually allows me to use the settings on my webcam, whereas before I only had Virtual Camera installed, so I couldn't do s***. xD
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB VRAM
  • Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB
  • 700GB 7200rpm HDD (x2 paritions, 350GB each)

AdelaisAer wrote:
I am quite happy with LifeFrame3. It's nice and actually allows me to use the settings on my webcam, whereas before I only had Virtual Camera installed, so I couldn't do s***. xD

Glad to hear it AdelaisAer! I had the same problem. I stumbled upon a post here on these forums that referenced Lifeframe. I think from JRd1st.

dstrakele
Level 14
When installations of ASUS applications to an ASUS laptop fail due to "not an ASUS laptop" error, it means the ATK Package (a set of drivers that control the function keys) is not installed or is corrupt. If it IS installed, try going to "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", right-click on "ATK Package" and choose "Repair" from the popup menu. REBOOT.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Well I dont seem to have it. Why dont i have it? I just got this laptop a few days ago. Where can i find this? Also that would explain why when trying to lower the volume with my fn key nothing happened.

(edit) I found where i can get the on the website, just instaled going to reboot, hope this works and thanks for the help