cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer g551jw Win 10 OS to my 24Gb ssd?

peanut_panget
Level 7
guys just want to ask got my g551jw a week ago, os windows 10 i was planning to put my os in my 24g ssd, but unfortunately i dont know how to do it. thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Edweird
Level 10
You can use software like Acronis's solutions to transfer the data from one drive to the other...but unfortunately, I don't think Windows will work particularly well on a 24GB drive, which is effectively even less than that. Should be at least 64 or it will constantly be starving itself for workspace.

peanut panget wrote:
guys just want to ask got my g551jw a week ago, os windows 10 i was planning to put my os in my 24g ssd, but unfortunately i dont know how to do it. thanks in advance

hello there @peanut panget,
Please note this sub-forum has sticky threads, which are found at the top of this sub-forum - part of these thread are "hot topics" for your exact issue.
Please refer to THIS GUIDE. if you don't really understand something there, I suggest you read the other guides, few posts just above it.
if you wish to discuss with me about this issue further more, please post a reply in that sticky thread.

Edweird wrote:
You can use software like Acronis's solutions to transfer the data from one drive to the other...but unfortunately, I don't think Windows will work particularly well on a 24GB drive, which is effectively even less than that. Should be at least 64 or it will constantly be starving itself for workspace.

but also, @Edweird is right: 24GB is a cache ssd, not enough free space for a full windows.
if you plan to install ubuntu or any other linux distro, or a portable windows ( i.e windows-on-the-go ) may be it is enough... but for a full windows is it NOT enough space, and it shuold be used only for the pagefile.sys , hibernation.sys etc....
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx
Level 12
peanut panget wrote:

hello there @peanut panget,
Please note this sub-forum has sticky threads, which are found at the top of this sub-forum - part of these thread are "hot topics" for your exact issue.
Please refer to THIS GUIDE. if you don't really understand something there, I suggest you read the other guides, few posts just above it.
if you wish to discuss with me about this issue further more, please post a reply in that sticky thread.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]