cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize ROG 751JY

Kevinnnnn
Level 7
So ive recently send my Notebook to the Asus repaircenter, since i had many performance problems. So now i got it back, they gave me a new processor etc and i wanted to know what i need to do now, to get the best performance out of it! Because.. well whenever you buy some gaming notebook/PC you need to do a lot of tweaking that your system actually works optimal^^

Rig: 16GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 980M
i7-4720HQ
Gsync Monitor
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes you should tweak as needed or not, its all a personal thing.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Ancients
Level 10
Add programs that you will use or that will enhance your experience, remove or disable bloatware or background services that you don't need or want, and maybe look into undervolting your CPU so that it runs a bit cooler.

Cheetah
Level 7
..."remove or disable bloatware or background services that you don't need or want"...

How do you find and disable these services/programs?

Most are personal, if you find you don't need or want just uninstall it. Control Panel/Programs and Features,
for services type in search box Services.msc

if you don't understand what a program is for Goggle it. same for services just goggle, these are mostly all windows programs and services.

I wouldn't uninstall anything or disconnect any services unless you understand what they are and why you don't want them and then there may still be unintended consequences. Its best to use your notebook and as you find issues or things you don't like get rid of them.

Read through the thread here especially the sticky threads at the top of this forum learn as much as possible before doing things that can mess up your notebook.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro