cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Video Driver V.361.75 on G73SW-A1 W/ Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 3Gb

Samtherecordman
Level 7
Hi Everybody!!

Owned my G73SW-A1 for 4 years now and still strong!
I recently had to open the machine cause the fans died..... having it all open I upgraded a few components while it was open.
My machine was born with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M 1.5Gb and now have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 3Gb (From a G53SX).

Information on my G73SW-A1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Video Memory Size 3072 MB
VBIOS Version 70.26.29.0e
Total Physical Memory 16361 MB
CPU i7-2860QM
BIOS 205
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I am currently running the video driver V. 320.49 and what I want to do is install video driver V. 361.75

Having said that, how I was able to install V. 320.49 was by modifying the information inside the nvwin.inf file from a website by doing Google search on forums.
Now on the 361.75 driver I was able to find a file named nvami.inf and try to edit it with the same information.
When I do the installation it recognizes the GeForce GTX 560M and it starts the installation fine and then it fails during the install.
I have attached the nvwin.inf file that work originally.

I am smart enough to tare the machine to pieces and rebuild it properly and it works well.
But I will need some help to get the latest driver install and would make me extremely happy to succeed with the latest driver! 🙂

Any clear instruction on how to do so would be so appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Sam
2 REPLIES 2

Samtherecordman
Level 7
After doing lots of research I got driver version 347.52 to work properly on my G73 W/ GTX 560M following the instruction from this posting from this Forum.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=396952

But I still was not able to get the latest version 361.82 to work of course.

Well I finally got to install driver version 361.82 by moding the .inf file by following this web site instruction.

Lot of reading, but it worked!

http://null-bin.blogspot.ca/2015/08/how-to-modify-nvidia-notebook-driver.html

Cheerz Guys!
I guess I answering my own question after all.... LoL 🙂