cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install OS Mac Yosemite on Asus ROG G750JY-T4050D ?

luciangl
Level 7
Hello everyone , I have this laptop Asus ROG G750JY-T4050D and I wish to install in dual boot Mac OS Yosemite + Windows . I have already windows 7 installed.This are my laptop details :
Asus ROG G750JY-T4050D
CPU : Intel i7-4720HQ 2.60GHz Haswell
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB RAM
Matherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JYA 1.0 size 6MB

What do I need for installing,and what are the steps ?
I didn't find anywhere for my laptop a guide for installing , so I decided to open that thread and maybe to help other users in future
5 REPLIES 5

Areosjc
Level 8
luciangl wrote:
Hello everyone , I have this laptop Asus ROG G750JY-T4050D and I wish to install in dual boot Mac OS Yosemite + Windows . I have already windows 7 installed.This are my laptop details :
Asus ROG G750JY-T4050D
CPU : Intel i7-4720HQ 2.60GHz Haswell
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB RAM
Matherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JYA 1.0 size 6MB

What do I need for installing,and what are the steps ?
I didn't find anywhere for my laptop a guide for installing , so I decided to open that thread and maybe to help other users in future

I have OS X installed in my JX upgraded to JH (780M) and everything works great!!!, but for your model you can start here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61354-OS-X-Yosemite-10-10-3-on-ASUS-G750JM-G750JS-and-G750J... this guide is for JZ,JS,JM models but those are the most like to your model.

If you are meant to try hackintosh you will need time and a lot of patience, if you are´t committed to give that, you will be more happy changing your JY model to the greatest macbook pro around.

Good luck.

P.D. if you need help send me a PM

Hi,
yes, agree Broadcom is the way to go. its relatively easy to swap out if you are careful (check for youtube video) and has been 100% reliable on mine.
note that this will invalidate your warranty though, if that is a problem for you.

and..
Areosjc wrote:
I have OS X installed in my JX upgraded to JH (780M)...

what does this mean? did you upgrade your video card in you JX or your laptop?
thanks
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

luciangl
Level 7
Thanks for your reply man

I have problems with wireless drivers and nvidia doesn't work , there is any solution for this ? Didn't find nothing untill now

luciangl wrote:
I have problems with wireless drivers and nvidia doesn't work , there is any solution for this ? Didn't find nothing untill now

The short answer for the nvidia card is it will never work since your JY model use Optimus to switch from the Intel igpu to the nvidia gpu and apple use a different system, so you have to live using only the Intel igpu on Yosemite. For the wifi card you can swap it with another compatible one, I don't know which is installed in your system, I recommend to you the Broadcom 4352 card and it will work as an airport, you can use eBay to find one. Good luck