cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix G751 black screen at boot for good (work arround)

joshindaphils
Level 11
If you want resolution please read in entirety and follow the directions, even if you have already done 'that'.

UPDATE

If you have a G751 update to BIOS v209 this has been reported as a permanent fix by many

There are two options to fix the issue.

1. Disable Fast Boot

*This does not refer to the fast boot in your BIOS, this is completely separate and has nothing to do with Windows Fast Boot. There appears to be much confusion regarding this with people insisting they still have the issue after disabling fast boot*

Follow one of the options of your choices here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

2. Disable Hibernation

This works as it has the side effect of disabling Fast Boot. An additional benefit is that you can reclaim the disk space consumed by your hyberfil.sys this is about the size of your RAM so it can be rather large.

Follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2859-hibernate-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

Please link the any existing or new threads regarding the issue here
13 REPLIES 13

Caporal said to press FN+sleep to get out of black screen.

Where is the sleep key?
I have a French keyboard since I live in France at the moment, but I can set it as a US Qwerty keyboard if necessary for this,
if I knew where it was (for example, "under the row of keys under the F keys, 5th key from left".

TIA to anyone who might be able to help! I'm trying everything I can find. I have a G752VY in fact,
but 95% of G751 problems still exist on the G752 and it's almost the same machine, so I'm trying everything I find
concerning both models.

Corporal wrote:
If you get a black screen, press fn+sleep, computer will enter standby, then wake it up. Takes 5 seconds.

Where in the world is the sleep key?
I have a French keyboard since I live in France at the moment, but I can set it as a US Qwerty keyboard if necessary,
if I knew where it was (for example, "first row under under the F keys, 5th key from left").

JohnnyApp
Level 7
Excuse me for the stupid question "Where in the world is the Sleep Key?" since I downloaded the manual for the first time and then
really felt stupid. HOWEVER Fn + Sleep key" does absolutely nothing, neither with nor without Alt or AltGr.

JohnnyApp wrote:
Excuse me for the stupid question "Where in the world is the Sleep Key?" since I downloaded the manual for the first time and then
really felt stupid. HOWEVER Fn + Sleep key" does absolutely nothing, neither with nor without Alt or AltGr.

Fn + F1 (zZ)?