cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect Asus ROG G750JM to BENQ XL2411Z 24" 144Hz LED Gaming Monitor?

AlbinoJ
Level 7
I currently have an Asus ROG G750JM Laptop and want to connect to to an external monitor, However I am not experienced with computers and have no clue how I would go about this. I know what monitor I have in mind but I don't know what else I would need to purchase in order to connect these two devices. Any help?
6 REPLIES 6

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Let us know which monitor you are thinking about getting too if you want us to help check, but the G750JM user manual shows your G750JM notebook has a variety of ports that you can use for external monitors as below.

1. Mini Display Port
2. HDMI Port
3. VGA Port

Your monitor is probably using at least one of these ports although you want to avoid using the 'VGA' Port if possible which will have lower quality, but for some older monitors and projectors that may be your only option, so it's still better than nothing.

Your monitor might even include the cables if you want to look into this, but the right cable should not be too difficult to find if you need to get one.

Note: If you decide you want to use the Display Port input on your monitor if available, you will probably need some kind of mini Display Port to Display Port adapter or cable to connect your G750JM to to your new monitor.

Note #2: Some monitors may also use a 'DVI Input' and you would need to get some kind of hdmi to DVI adapter or cable to connect to the monitor this way.

Feel free to discuss and it's something your local ASUS Support should be able to discuss too if you're interested.

http://www.asus.com/support/callus

Hope this helps.

I plan on purchasing the BENQ XL2411Z 24" 144Hz LED Gaming Monitor and want to be able to utilize the 144hz, will I be able to do that if I connect it via HDMI cable or am I going to need to purchase an adapter and if so, which kind? I'd also appreciate it if you know as to whether or not the monitor comes with an HDMI cable in the first place, thanks for your help!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
AlbinoJ wrote:
I plan on purchasing the BENQ XL2411Z 24" 144Hz LED Gaming Monitor and want to be able to utilize the 144hz, will I be able to do that if I connect it via HDMI cable or am I going to need to purchase an adapter and if so, which kind? I'd also appreciate it if you know as to whether or not the monitor comes with an HDMI cable in the first place, thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about this part right now, so we might see if anybody else is aware of the answer, but I believe there are times you want to use display port (or mini display port in your case) instead of hdmi to get all the features, so this is another thing to check into.

If you haven't checked with BENQ support (and their FAQs?) or the reseller/reseller site you plan to purchase from (if they have a Q&A page that you trust, etc.), you may be able to find more information/tips/guidelines there including which cables you get with the monitor.

Anyway, hopefully we can get more information from others.

themeonster
Level 7
I have an ASUS VG248Q 144Hz monitor and from my understanding, you need to use Display Port to reach refresh rates over 60Hz.

gazzacbr
Level 10
@themeonster: +1 here. our hdmi port will not support 1080p at 120hz.
you will need an adpater cable from the mini display port to something that is not hdmi on your monitor, display port or dvi.

also, you do realise that unless your gaming at more than 60fps youre not going to see any real difference by increasing the refresh rate.
i am pretty sure your gtx860m (is that what you have?) would not run a newer game (far cry 4, battlefield 4) that fast without lowering the resolution below 1080p.
even with a gtx960m you could get to more than 60fps at max settings.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

I dont typically play newer games that are super demanding on my graphics card, I play osu! with 500+fps and CS:GO at ~300fps unstable (the latter of which I run on low settings) as well as some other non-graphically demanding fps games.

I don't know which monitor I should be going for here, I'm a big fan of 1920x1200 resolution but those can only display 60Hz as far as I know, but I also hear that 120-144Hz is very desirable among gamers. Can someone perhaps steer me towards a decision here? Do I want a 1920x1200 monitor for the looks/resolution (I'd still use for gaming) or something that can display a higher refresh rate (120-144)?

I'd also like to hear some reccomendations as to what monitors would fulfill what needs and would be easiest on the wallet, Thanks!