cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean G750 internal fan

HeiwaNoKaze
Level 7
As title, how to clean the fan inside while now open the bottom only see ram and others, now fan not shown, is it need to open all out then can clean?
16 REPLIES 16

wrangler
Level 7
Nice show and tell in that video.

wrangler
Level 7
Thanks for the explanation on disassembly and dual channel. That's very helpful.

Is there any Service Support from private companies or Local computer Store where repasting thermal can be done ?
Instead of doing it ourselves ?

baulaergrungim
Level 8
Well, I noticed CPU fan is spinning up to over 4k rpm for me in some cases after less than a year. I don't think service would even cover that, since nothing is really broken. Honestly, giving easy access to heatsinks should be default.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
baulaergrungim how did you even find this thread? ':f

Darnassus wrote:
baulaergrungim how did you even find this thread? ':f

Probably by searching for "cleaning asus g750 fans", where this thread is the top result.

As per my two cents on the issue, the not having access to the fans is just asinine. I'm currently having issues with my CPU/GPU hitting 85 to 95 degC under load. Which is apparently enough for it to force hibernate. Hopefully its just accumulated dust since I havent actually tried cleaning it since I bought it.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You can access the fans simply by removing the keyboard deck.

First take out all screws on the underside of the laptop.

Take off the soundbox lid at the back.

Then undo the two screws you see holding the keyboard plate down and wedge it up with something plastic.

Place a vacuum against the holes of the fan boxes and suck out all the dust. ;x

IF you really want to get into the depths of things, taking the fan out is a ground zero, you'll need to take out the motherboard and everything.