cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate the NUM LOCK on a G751JT ?

Cheetah
Level 7
I have the G751JT. After start up the Num Lock keys used to be working after boot up.
Now after my motherboard was upgrade by Asus for the G-Sync, the Num lock is not active anymore.

Can somebody tell me how to do the setup? I cant remember the setup ?
8 REPLIES 8

Clintlgm
Level 14
On my G752 the FN key needs to be pressed at the same time the Num Loc key is pressed to lock or unlock the num pad. worth checking this through me off for a couple of hours a few days ago.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

FreshPrince15
Level 7
Cheetah wrote:
I have the G751JT. After start up the Num Lock keys used to be working after boot up.
Now after my motherboard was upgrade by Asus for the G-Sync, the Num lock is not active anymore.

Can somebody tell me how to do the setup? I cant remember the setup ?

You should try FN + Num Lock Keys.*
ASUS G752VS Notebook
17,3 " Display - 120 hz - Nvidia G-Sync - WideView
Intel® Core™ i7 - Quad Core - Skylake
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB DDR5
16 GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB PCIE NVME SSD
1 TB SATA HDD
Integrated Blu-Ray Player

Yes I know the FN+ num lk works when I select it.Im looking to have the num lk keys to work on start up. It used to work before the G-Sync upgrade by Asus.

Cheetah
Level 7
Yes I know the FN+ num lk works when I select it.Im looking to have the num lk keys to work on start up. It used to work before the G-Sync upgrade by Asus.

Cheetah wrote:

go into bios, there should be a setting to swap FN functionality,. i.e.: pressing the keys immediately trigger the FN commands.

in turn you have to hit FN + F keys to trigger the F1-12 functions.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Cheetah wrote:

I also have a g751jt. How and why do you upgrade the motherboard to have G-sync? Is it necessary?
G751JY-DH71|| G75VW || Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.5GHz || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB || |NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB || 1 TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, 256 GB Solid-State Drive (PCIEG2) || Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.5GHz

haihane
Level 13
okay, i misunderstood your statement.

have you checked your laptop bios for any entry that sounds like this ?-> Numlock key on boot : "ON" <-
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Have you tried to reinstall the ATK driver yet?