cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is you're Computer Security?

TokoDude
Level 10
Hey guys and girls,

I just wane know how you guys are securing you're pc?
If some 1 have some good security tips post them or if you have questions post them 😉

My Security setup is:

• Avast antivirus 2014 premier (settings are maxed to best security and scanning every day)
  • Addblock
  • Hitmanpro
  • Avast Easypass
  • and always updating every day my system.
  • BIOS password

You guys Encrypt you're HDD/SSD to?
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung
16 REPLIES 16

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hiding your SSID from being broadcast is a fail, because in my studies earlier in the year on Network+ I learnt people can still find your SSID anyway. Hiding it from General users this is good, but against someone who knows what they're doing...it's not enough .

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Hiding your SSID from being broadcast is a fail, because in my studies earlier in the year on Network+ I learnt people can still find your SSID anyway. Hiding it from General users this is good, but against someone who knows what they're doing...it's not enough .

ah you're right i google it and they can find hiding SSID with: Kissmet
Yeah i read it somewhere on a website they said people who do not turn off SSID broadcast are a bad system/Network administrator.

Interesting to know all this :cool:
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

TokoDude wrote:
ah you're right i google it and they can find hiding SSID with: Kissmet
Yeah i read it somewhere on a website they said people who do not turn off SSID broadcast are a bad system/Network administrator.

Interesting to know all this :cool:

You don't even need to use other software to find them, Windows 7 its self gives you what you need to find SSID's that have been hidden. Yep, i'm gonna give you guys a minute to let that sink in......

Poco_OM
Level 10
Lol

You set up honey pots if you know what you are doing, if you know they are coming you set a trap 😛

The spy that spied on the spy that was spying on that spy to begin with. Very "1984".

To save you searching google and coming up with whinny the Poo.

http://www.pentestpartners.com/blog/hot_security_topics/honeypots/

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I'm using Norton NIS, and have system sharing off
(only turn on system sharing for trusted computers, when need to share)
Norton Power Eracer

ComboFix
(This one is for really hard
problems, very aggressive, only if really needed)

ComboFix
is the Mac Daddy of removal tools. It's also not a standard anti-malware tool so much as it is a major problem solver. When you have malware that simply won't go away (and you suspect something a bit uglier -- like a rootkit or Trojan -- that keeps re-infecting your machine), you want this tool. I recommend ComboFix, but with a warning: It's powerful. Very powerful. Do not leave the executable for this tool just lying around. Use it and remove it. And unlike most malware removal tools, you (or the end user) won't be using the PC while this tool is running.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Poco_OM