cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the 3D?????

Mazdabater
Level 7
So first off mine didn't come with the glasses, are they ment too? (My model says its a G75V, not a G75VW is there a difference there) I do have a set that I think is the same off my old Toshiba Satellite A660, they are nvidia with a wireless cube thing that your supposed to be able to adjust the image with. I go to nvidia in the start menu and click enable and nothing seems to happen, have also done so as an administrator. I can't see any option to test it in the nvidia menu either. I'm sure there's something simple that I'm missing.
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
If yours is the 3D version then it should have come with the glasses. If it did not come with the glasses then you need an external 3D monitor. "3D Ready" just means it can be used with an external monitor.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Ah I see, that's odd I didn't think they would actually change the screen, just not supply the glasses. Not a real big deal though, I never used it much with my old laptop. I found out my actual model is a G75VW-T1120V which is odd as I couldn't see it in the model list. I also have extra ram in mine, I'm at 24gb. Ah well. Thanks for your help mate!

Also as a side note, **** the 2 word image verification. This is my 6th attempt to post this.

xeromist
The verification will go away in a couple of days. It's an anti-spam measure. Trust me it's necessary as the spam volume was huge before.

G75VW is the core model. The sub ID is the specific hardware configuration so it could change with as little as more memory. The only ones with internal screen 3D support are the ones with 3DE in the name.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
The verification will go away in a couple of days. It's an anti-spam measure. Trust me it's necessary as the spam volume was huge before.

G75VW is the core model. The sub ID is the specific hardware configuration so it could change with as little as more memory. The only ones with internal screen 3D support are the ones with 3DE in the name.

so does that mean my new G75VW-TS72 is only 3d ready? On the product page of TigerDirect, it doesnt say anywhere that it's only "3D Ready". I've updated the drivers and I still don't see the "Stereoscopic 3D" setting in the NVidia Control Panel.

Has anyone who purchased the TS72 from TIgerDirect got the 3d to work?

X-ROG
Level 15
The TS72 is 3D Ready (via HDMI/DP/VGA) but the LCD is not 3D Enabled sorry. Usually 3D models have -3D in the suffix and note the spec below lacks '120Hz' necessary for 3D. 🙂

17.3" FullHD (1920x1080) Widescreen LED Display with ASUS Splendid Video Intelligent Technology

Is this model G75vw-t1120v is a 3d model or not? Can i able to watch directly 3d movies by using nvidia glasses. I can't able to see stereoscopic 3d settings in nvidia control panel.

chandrakiran wrote:
Is this model G75vw-t1120v is a 3d model or not?

Read the answer which is already in this thread.