cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i maximize gaming?

mikaeldalc
Level 7
Ive recently bought the G75VW-BBK5, I got a really good deal on it. The game im playing right now is FAR CRY 3 and this game plays like crap!! I have the latest Nvidia beta driver and Nvidia inspector. BASE CLOCK is @ +135mhz and MEMORY CLOCK OFFSET is @ +385. Yet, this game still plays like crap. Ive set resolution to 1600x900 and brought graphics down to the following

textures: high
ambient lighting: medium
shadows: medium
post fx: low
geometry: high
vegetation: high
terrain:high
water: medium
enviroment: high

Still no luck, Fps are aroung 20-30 and while in heavy combat around 14-20 fps.

Im wondering if Anyone can give me some tips on maximizing gaming for far cry 3 and gaming in general. are there ways to OC this machine higher without ruining it?
15 REPLIES 15

Davixandrex89
Level 7
very rare, I have a g75vw DS73 with 12gb ram and gtx670, and Far Cry 3 runs with everything on ultra, DirectX 11, 2x AA, and other options enabled, at a resolution of 1680 x 1050, I have a oc my video card, to reach the memory bandwidth of 80GB / s, and this game run between 35 to 45 fps, a recommendation would be looking the energy plan that you use, and cleaning your computer of all the programs that run on the 2nd level, plus give constant maintenance to your machine, you should be able to play any game on ultra, reaching up to 30 fps. greetings!

GottiBoi55
Level 10
mikaeldalc wrote:
Ive recently bought the G75VW-BBK5, I got a really good deal on it. The game im playing right now is FAR CRY 3 and this game plays like crap!! I have the latest Nvidia beta driver and Nvidia inspector. BASE CLOCK is @ +135mhz and MEMORY CLOCK OFFSET is @ +385. Yet, this game still plays like crap. Ive set resolution to 1600x900 and brought graphics down to the following

textures: high
ambient lighting: medium
shadows: medium
post fx: low
geometry: high
vegetation: high
terrain:high
water: medium
enviroment: high

Still no luck, Fps are aroung 20-30 and while in heavy combat around 14-20 fps.

Im wondering if Anyone can give me some tips on maximizing gaming for far cry 3 and gaming in general. are there ways to OC this machine higher without ruining it?

You are getting "poor fps" because your clocks are too low, you need to rise them.
The Base clocks , and this is not OCed should be as follows.
1. GPU Base = 620 MHz
2. Memory Base = 1500 MHz
3. Shader Base = 1240 MHz

Edit:
Here's a thread on overclocking GTX-660M that might help you >>>>>>>> Click Here

HaHa....LOL
You not gonna reach the highs in that thread, but this thread is more in your ballpark>>>>>>>
Click Here

You are running the same as the second thread just a little lower on memory, there must be something going wrong for you.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

HulkSmash
Level 8
Guys he has the BBK5, so he has a gtx660m...I have it, in running high/ ultra, 1080p, geometry and post fx at medium...AA off, ambient occlusion hbao, and alpha coverage to enhanced...you have to unlock core with nvidia inspector...I'm running at 1170 core getting 35-40 fps average, some areas it kinda drops but it's due to some optmization which will hopefully come soon through patches or drivers...

HulkSmash wrote:
Guys he has the BBK5, so he has a gtx660m...I have it, in running high/ ultra, 1080p, geometry and post fx at medium...AA off, ambient occlusion hbao, and alpha coverage to enhanced...you have to unlock core with nvidia inspector...I'm running at 1170 core getting 35-40 fps average, some areas it kinda drops but it's due to some optmization which will hopefully come soon through patches or drivers...

I know dude!
GottiBoi55
Asus
Samsung
SanDisk
p Aquos 32"

HulkSmash wrote:

what do u have ur memory clock at? I appreciate u all responding. I hope I don't sound unhappy with this machine. This thing's a Beast! I play everything else in ultra with texture packs (skyrim, GTA, Crysis 2), I'm just trying to get this game to run good because I love this game!

HulkSmash wrote:

u think u can give me a step by step guide with this NVIDIA Inspector? When i UNLOCK MAX AND MIN, then change frequencies and apply, it just resets. maybe im doing it wrong

HulkSmash
Level 8
Lol sorry, I glanced at your post and didn't see you even wrote GTX660m on it lmao...

HulkSmash wrote:
Lol sorry, I glanced at your post and didn't see you even wrote GTX660m on it lmao...

Well I didn't at first, that why the edit for the GTX-660M.
Sorry if any confusion!
GottiBoi55
Asus
Samsung
SanDisk
p Aquos 32"

HulkSmash
Level 8
I'm doing 472+ on memory...you can go for more depending on your video card, but mine over 500 gets some artifacts on BF3, besides the main thing is the core clock, I can run at around 1270 without any artifacting, but run around 1170-1190 for unecessary precaution...lol