cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i get my fast G751JY laptop back?

Bobz1x
Level 7
have a ASUS G751JY and my friend reset for me..... he actually took all the partitions out and installed windows 10, now it's really slow 😞 how do i get my fast laptop back?
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Beg and plead and if out of warranty cough up the $$ to send it in to be reimaged.

If you can find someone willing to upload the eSupport folder for your model you can get back to factory state. If not then download as much as you can from the support website and beg for the rest. Always install the chipset drivers first follwed by Intel MEI !! This in and of itself will horrendously slow down any platform if not done correctly. Lastly win 10 has always seemed to take a few days to settle in on a new install. Lots of background activity indexing and such.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Beg and plead and if out of warranty cough up the $$ to send it in to be reimaged.

If you can find someone willing to upload the eSupport folder for your model you can get back to factory state. If not then download as much as you can from the support website and beg for the rest. Always install the chipset drivers first follwed by Intel MEI !! This in and of itself will horrendously slow down any platform if not done correctly. Lastly win 10 has always seemed to take a few days to settle in on a new install. Lots of background activity indexing and such.

where could i find the eSupport folder for my model?

Gps3dx
Level 12
Bobz1x wrote:
have a ASUS G751JY and my friend reset for me..... he actually took all the partitions out and installed windows 10, now it's really slow 😞 how do i get my fast laptop back?

please try what I posted in another thread:
Gps3dx wrote:
VERY IMPORTANT TIP for everyone with Win10 1709, 1803+ editions - if your games are extremely slow and laggish:

I'm personally using win 10 x64 1803 on my G751JT-
I got ~29 FPS in one of my games's benchmark, when I used any of the latest nvidia drivers ( 398.36 / 398.58 beta ).
Immediately after wiping driver and installing nvidia driver v378.92 I got ~56 FPS !!! using the same game benchmark and using the same HW/SW configuration (but that nvidia driver change ).
Source for that tip HERE & HERE

Gps3dx wrote:
MORE TIPS for getting higher FPS if you're using Win 10 1709 or 1803 releases:

( You can easily change these any many other win 10 configuration using "Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4" FREE app. - except the last tip on timer resolution )

Please try at least the 1st tip ( i.e nvidia driver change to v378.92 ) - this should give you BIG FPS boost in games. ( ~ +25 FOR ME on G751JT with win 10 1803 compared to latest nvidia v398.36)

PLEASE REPORT BACK IF ANYTHING HELP.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]