Beg and plead and if out of warranty cough up the $$ to send it in to be reimaged.
If you can find someone willing to upload the eSupport folder for your model you can get back to factory state. If not then download as much as you can from the support website and beg for the rest. Always install the chipset drivers first follwed by Intel MEI !! This in and of itself will horrendously slow down any platform if not done correctly. Lastly win 10 has always seemed to take a few days to settle in on a new install. Lots of background activity indexing and such.
have a ASUS G751JY and my friend reset for me..... he actually took all the partitions out and installed windows 10, now it's really slow 😞 how do i get my fast laptop back?
VERY IMPORTANT TIP for everyone with Win10 1709, 1803+ editions - if your games are extremely slow and laggish:
- WIPE your current Nvidia drivers using DDU -> reboot.
- download latest NVIDIA driver v378.xx ( which is v378.92 ) install
- STAY ON THAT NVIDIA DRIVER VERSION - DO NOT UPDATE TO ANY NEW VERSION TILL MS FIXES THEIR DAMN WDDM 2.2/2.3 !
I'm personally using win 10 x64 1803 on my G751JT-
I got ~29 FPS in one of my games's benchmark, when I used any of the latest nvidia drivers ( 398.36 / 398.58 beta ).
Immediately after wiping driver and installing nvidia driver v378.92 I got ~56 FPS !!! using the same game benchmark and using the same HW/SW configuration (but that nvidia driver change ).
Source for that tip HERE & HERE
MORE TIPS for getting higher FPS if you're using Win 10 1709 or 1803 releases:
- Open SETTINGS -> Gaming -> Game Bar -> DISABLE "record game clips ...using gamebar"
- DISABLE "core parking"
- DISABLE "Windows Defender" ( but have other BETTER A/V app installed, I recommend FREE comodo internet security ).
- Disable FOCUS ASSIST by right click the right-most icon in the systray and choose OFF. ( only for win 10 1803 - it also solves games crashes when alt+tab )
- While gaming, lower TIMER RESOLUTION to 0.5ms using THIS APP.
( You can easily change these any many other win 10 configuration using "Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4" FREE app. - except the last tip on timer resolution )
Please try at least the 1st tip ( i.e nvidia driver change to v378.92 ) - this should give you BIG FPS boost in games. ( ~ +25 FOR ME on G751JT with win 10 1803 compared to latest nvidia v398.36)