cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours of gaming on G751JT - temperature noticeable?

Linerax
Level 7
I have a Coolmaster Notepal X-Slim because my former Lenovo Y50-70 would get hot after 1 hour of playing games. I understand the G751JT and similar models have large exhaust vents in the back, but even with the vents will I feel the temperature effects on the keyboard? Is air intake adequate when the laptop is sitting on top of a table?
3 REPLIES 3

nemerdekel
Level 7
The WASD area does not change temperature, the only noticable difference is around the the mid/upper section of the keyboard and to be honest you can't really say that it's a big difference. It's still very confortable to use any section of the keyboard. The cooling is really good on this notebook, you won't have any heat issues.
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

nemerdekel wrote:
The WASD area does not change temperature, the only noticable difference is around the the mid/upper section of the keyboard and to be honest you can't really say that it's a big difference. It's still very confortable to use any section of the keyboard. The cooling is really good on this notebook, you won't have any heat issues.

I agree. I can feel slight warmth on the right Backspace key area but WASD is as cool as ice tea. Thank you.

Linerax
Level 7
Is there a major difference for air intake between lifting the laptop off the table and keeping the laptop on the table? There are little stubs on the upper part of the laptop's bottom but seems the laptop still needs to be lifted away from the table cause there is no gap .