cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal lines/choppyness

Kabuke
Level 7
Hello i am very new to forums,
i just got my G75vw-TS72 and when playing WoW, watching youtube, watching netflix i get horizontal lines/choppyness. i am not 100% sure how to describe it but it looks like parts don't' load as fast and it is about 1/8 of a inch off in sections due to slow loads. could that be a video card issue, monitor issue? i just want my new laptop to look great playing wow and D3.
someone please get back to me or look into this.

i watched http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14276-Asus-G75-Video-Review.&highlight=video and in the WoW vid he made, you can kind of see the issue.

thanks,
kabuke
33 REPLIES 33

Kabuke wrote:
ya that sounds like the issue i have, idk what to call it either lol. but it is good to know there are others out there, hopefully they give us drivers and fix it

Well, I am really sorry I can't help you more. Those ROG laptops are really fast (i am a photojournalist and also work with graphics and video editing). They work awesome and I only have a G74!

The issues you guys have is most likely a driver issue. The drivers are probably some specially tweaked ones, or betas, as the drier number you gave me doesn't have support for the 6xxM cards .
If you didn't contact Asus yet, send them a message and tell'em the issue in every little detail, but be patient, as a new driver will take a while to build.

Btw, sorry for answering so late. I am from Romania and there is a time offset (right now here the time is 14:50)
ASUS G75V: 16 GB RAM / 750 GB HDD / Intel Core i7 3610QM / Nvidia 670M - 3 GB DDR5
Tweaked CMO1720 LED LCD

Music page: https://soundcloud.com/alexandru-nicusor-matei
Photo page: https://www.facebook.com/alexn.photo

Kabuke
Level 7
i saw your from Romania and knew times would be off. before i even made this forum post i had tried Asus and Nvidia and neither had given me much help, nvidia said that it sounds liek driver issues but din't have any drivers to give me. so now it is just a waiting game till new ones show up

I fixed the horizontal tearing on my computer by simply reinstalling windows.

After reading everyone's comments and suggestions to updated the drive, i decided to go the other way and remove the driver entirely to see if it was an actual driver issue. When I deleted the driver and played a video the lines still happened. At that point i just thought i had a lemon and decided to return it, but not before deleting everything and reinstalling windows. After doing that, just for giggles, i played a couple of videos and the problem was no longer there. i did this on saturday and haven't had a problem since. even the audio problem went away. D3 and SCII play perfectly, netfilx on 1080p has no problem.

Are you guys sure this just isn't screen tearing which would easily be fixed with a properly working video driver and vsync?

If you're only seeing it in video games, then this isn't a problem. If this is occuring while looking at the desktop, then I would be more worried.

Yama789 wrote:

After reading everyone's comments and suggestions to updated the drive, i decided to go the other way and remove the driver entirely to see if it was an actual driver issue. When I deleted the driver and played a video the lines still happened. At that point i just thought i had a lemon and decided to return it, but not before deleting everything and reinstalling windows. After doing that, just for giggles, i played a couple of videos and the problem was no longer there. i did this on saturday and haven't had a problem since. even the audio problem went away. D3 and SCII play perfectly, netfilx on 1080p has no problem.

This seems great.
How did you reinstal windows?

Did you use the Asus boot that is on your computer?
or
Did you download windows and activated it with your key (printed in the bottom of the computer)?

This comes with a great timing cause i'm actually thinking about returning it, and if this fixes it, I'll be very happy =p

Thanks in advance.

I just used the Asus reboot (F9 at startup). hope this works for you.

Yama789 wrote:

so i was just wanting to confirm, the thing it fixed isn't the even lines that cover dark areas, but the glitches in graphics when there is fast movement? i dont' wanna do a full reboot just to find out it was for the wrong thing

Kabuke
Level 7
mine occurs when watching youtube, nextflix, hulu and also while playing games. mainly when there is fast movement

Kabuke
Level 7
ok so i finally got access to a video camera, it isn't amazing but here is a quick vid of me playing wow and showing the tearing issue. like i have said it happen on any video or fast moving video game.

http://youtu.be/iSJS6l4b-G0

please help 🙂

Kabuke wrote:
ok so i finally got access to a video camera, it isn't amazing but here is a quick vid of me playing wow and showing the tearing issue. like i have said it happen on any video or fast moving video game.

http://youtu.be/iSJS6l4b-G0

please help 🙂

I don't have this particular issue in line but sometimes a mini area of my screen seems to not load at the same speed as the rest. Gonna try and reinstall windows tomorow and i'll post the results.