cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high gtx780m temps

dfpnw
Level 7
I have a g750jh with 780m and I hit 84c in battlefield 4, should i be concerned?
8 REPLIES 8

dfpnw
Level 7
Anbody chime in? anyone else experiencing temps like these?

dfpnw wrote:
Anbody chime in? anyone else experiencing temps like these?

I also have the 780m and experience temps close to yours. I get to about 80-82c, so your temps seem in line.

My current issue is throttling. This is my first kepler based GPU and this throttling drives me mad. I can say throttling doesn't seem to occur at stock. But Asus has to expect SOME kind of tinkering with this being a ROG product.

I'd really like to find a program that works wih this laptop that can manipulate fan speed control. Whether you want to turn them up or turn them down, I wish there was a way to do this. I cant seem to find a way to do it in HWInfo64 which I have seen as a suggestion on these forums. If someone can point me in the right direction I would love to be able to turn the fans up.

MSI Afterburner, Nvidia Inspector, Asus GPU Tweak, all seem to not be able to adjust the fan speed. Even though I think the MSI Dragon laptop is hideous in comparison to the G750 and inferior with its single fan cooling solution, I love that they have a button specifically for that function (fan speed control) on the laptop itself.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
I also have the 780m and experience temps close to yours. I get to about 80-82c, so your temps seem in line.

My current issue is throttling. This is my first kepler based GPU and this throttling drives me mad. I can say throttling doesn't seem to occur at stock. But Asus has to expect SOME kind of tinkering with this being a ROG product.

I'd really like to find a program that works wih this laptop that can manipulate fan speed control. Whether you want to turn them up or turn them down, I wish there was a way to do this. I cant seem to find a way to do it in HWInfo64 which I have seen as a suggestion on these forums. If someone can point me in the right direction I would love to be able to turn the fans up.

MSI Afterburner, Nvidia Inspector, Asus GPU Tweak, all seem to not be able to adjust the fan speed. Even though I think the MSI Dragon laptop is hideous in comparison to the G750 and inferior with its single fan cooling solution, I love that they have a button specifically for that function (fan speed control) on the laptop itself.

While the cooling isn't as good as Asus, the fan does its job when it needs to. The turbo fan works and even without it, my MSIs 780m sits at 75-80c with FFXIV maxed out running at 60fps. Mine is certainly repasted though.

Pierre990429
Level 7
Well, after 15 mn of "A New Dawn" (Nvidia Tech Demo), ultra-mode off, I get 58 °C, on a G750JH too.

Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite never gets higher than 55 °C.

Topper01
Level 7
Hi all! I have a g750jh and also asking myself if my temps i have are ok or not. When playing demanding games like crisis3 my rig stays somewhere from 77-79° celsius. Refering to the overclocking post i found a few threats before it says 75° should be normal. Therefore i think my temps are ok. How are your temps with 780m? I think just doing a short 3d mark is not relistic because i observed temps getting higher on time when playing 1h at least.

Also when playing something like deadspace3 (with max settings) i got similar temps.

Playing low demanding games like hearthstone beta will cause low temps around 50°.

My system is not overclocked.

Looking forward to get some feedback from you guys!

Randomname
Level 8
I pulled a Furmark stress test, the temps were 82 degrees 🙂
Don't know if those are good or bad thou...
ASUS G750JH-T4086D
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ@ 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 250GB SSD (Samsung 840 EVO 250GB)
Display: Anti-Glare (yup, I'm bragging about it :P)

Tundra
Level 7
Furmark normally pushes the GPU beyond that of normal gaming situations. 80-82c for the 780m is fine in that regard.

Maxter
Level 9
Any CPU/GPU running below 95 C will be fine. The Tj Max (highest working temp) for most CPU's is around 100C and a bit higher for GPUs (around 105). So you are all fine.