cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please G60JX screen backlight stopped working

superman2k2
Level 9
Hello I purchased a new GTS 330m for my Asus G60JX and for some reason my backlight wont turn on. The screen is on because I can see a dim picture and when connected to VGA or HDMI I get a picture on the screen.I forgot to mention I tried 2 other Internal screens and the back light on none of them worked. I even tried a different vga cable I had and the same results. I only get picture with VGA and HDMI. I need to know if the video card is the problem? Would the picture show through VGA and HDMI if the Video card is bad? Please any help would be great.
23 REPLIES 23

dstrakele
Level 14
The video card is not the problem, @superman. As you observed, the image IS produced on your laptop display,so your Graphics Adapter's job is done. You just have trouble seeing it because the display is no longer backlit.

All you gotta do is fly around the earth in the opposite direction of it's rotation at the speed of light to go back in time and be more careful when you reassemble the laptop OR see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28044-G74S-Screen-is-extremely-dim-and-can-barely-see-anyth....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Thx for the link and reply but Why isn't my other internal monitor working ether?

dstrakele
Level 14
Oops! I skipped right over that important piece of information in your OP! Maybe you need a larger capacity power supply or your current power adapter isn't putting out to specs?

superman2k2
Level 9
well I am using a charger from an asus g60VX instead of G60JX

dstrakele
Level 14
Are you noticing an unusual amount of heat buildup in the power adapter or at the power connector area of the laptop?

superman2k2
Level 9
Nope it fells normal

superman2k2
Level 9
Even if the power supply isn't strong enough would't the screen turn on when its Battery power?

dstrakele
Level 14
Perhaps the connector supplying power to the display backlight from the motherboard is damaged?

grungeboy2
Level 10
maybe the inverter board isn't compatible.

there's a small, rectangular, and usually yellowish box, at the bottom of your LCD panel. the bezel around the LCD panel and the four perimeter screws would need to be removed in order to see it/gain access to it.

i've seen them go bad and need to be replaced. it doesn't really sound like yours is bad per say. my hunch here is that maybe yours isn't compatible with that video card.

grungeEdit: why did you pick a 330m?