cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please G60JX screen backlight stopped working

superman2k2
Level 9
Hello I purchased a new GTS 330m for my Asus G60JX and for some reason my backlight wont turn on. The screen is on because I can see a dim picture and when connected to VGA or HDMI I get a picture on the screen.I forgot to mention I tried 2 other Internal screens and the back light on none of them worked. I even tried a different vga cable I had and the same results. I only get picture with VGA and HDMI. I need to know if the video card is the problem? Would the picture show through VGA and HDMI if the Video card is bad? Please any help would be great.
23 REPLIES 23

superman2k2
Level 9
I did mean GTS 360m. The only other parts that aren't for the G60JX are the memory which is 4gb ddr3 and a SSD

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Well, as long as your motherboard is okay (?), I would guess there could be some problem to use the G60Vx LCD and LCD cable, but not very certain about this.
If the G60Jx LCD and LCD cable were available to try, I would want to see how this goes.

Was the original problem just a bad G60Jx LCD module that wouldn't light up? If it was a cracked LCD that did light up, it would make me think that there is a problem to use the G60Vx LCD on the G60Jx if it's not even lighting up like the cracked LCD.

Forgot you mentioned you also replaced the vga card in your OP (did you have a chance to try the G60Jx LCD at this time too?), so we may not be able to eliminate this yet either.

Doesn't seem like I've been able to help much then.

The memory and SSD drive shouldn't be related to this problem especially if they were working before in the unit although you could probably pull them out if necessary to check.

superman2k2
Level 9
Oh I did also install an i7 820qm but when the backlight didn't turn on I tried an i7 720qm and the backlight still didn't turn on so I reinstalled the 820qm.

dstrakele
Level 14
It sure sounds like the inverters on the displays you've installed just aren't getting any juice.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT