cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! I cannot turn on my laptop!!!

duongthienz
Level 7
I just got my ROG G751JT-ch71 today from Amazon. I plugged in the adapter then turned on my laptop. The keyboard light turned on for a few seconds, then the whold system turned off. I waited until the charger light turned from orange to yellow, then tried turned on the laptop again. But still, the screen was off, the keyboard turned on for a few second then turned off again. I have been trying for an hour already but still it keep shutting down. Please HELP ASAP!!
8 REPLIES 8

hmscott
Level 12
duongthienz wrote:
I just got my ROG G751JT-ch71 today from Amazon. I plugged in the adapter then turned on my laptop. The keyboard light turned on for a few seconds, then the whold system turned off. I waited until the charger light turned from orange to yellow, then tried turned on the laptop again. But still, the screen was off, the keyboard turned on for a few second then turned off again. I have been trying for an hour already but still it keep shutting down. Please HELP ASAP!!

duongthienz, there really isn't much you can do if it keeps turning off. It is likely a DOA - call Amazon tell them it is a non-starter DOA device and please quickly ship me another one.

You can likely cross ship a new one to you. You send yours back now, and Amazon also sends you a new one now. Amazon will hold the amount of the 2nd laptop on your card until they get the 1st laptop back.

The nice thing is you get the replacement quicker. 🙂

If it wasn't simply turning off, I would suggest plugging it into an external monitor to see if anything comes up. Even an HDMI connection to a TV might work. If it is a bad OS install you could get around it by booting on a Windows DVD or Linux Live DVD, just to see where the problem is. It could be a dead disk, a bad OS install, or simply a power problem.

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have already packed up my laptop and set up a pick up with UPS. This is my first gaming laptop so I am not very happy right now. Hopefully the 2nd one will be okay.

duongthienz wrote:
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have already packed up my laptop and set up a pick up with UPS. This is my first gaming laptop so I am not very happy right now. Hopefully the 2nd one will be okay.

duongthienz, hang in there, you will eventually get a good one.

Good luck 🙂

hmscott wrote:
duongthienz, hang in there, you will eventually get a good one.

Good luck 🙂

Today the replacement has arrived (damn, so fast!) and it is the best day of my life. The baby came home without any error and work perfectly. Finally I can now join the PC Master Race.

Thanks hmscott, you're awesome. 🙂

duongthienz wrote:
Today the replacement has arrived (damn, so fast!) and it is the best day of my life. The baby came home without any error and work perfectly. Finally I can now join the PC Master Race.

/QUOTE]

Happy New Year!

duongthienz wrote:
Thanks hmscott, you're awesome. 🙂

duongthienz, congratulations!! 🙂

Happy Gaming New Year!!

cablebandit
Level 7
Great news!!!! I love mine and havent tweaked or overclocked because it runs so dang good stock

kobejumpin
Level 7
duong, have you checked your left USB slots if they properly power up external hard drives despite installing BIOS 205? Mine came from Amazon too and am wondering if a certain batch has the same issue, or all our G751's have this... Also, some of my keys in the keyboard are slightly sideways as described here - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55678-quot-TAB-quot-key-tilted and still waiting for the audio driver to fix the audio balance... Thanks