cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphones for the Asus G750JH

Randomname
Level 8
Hi fellas 🙂

I've finally bought the JH version, and well, even before buying it I heard about the AMP issue and that it could be resolved with good headphones. I can't clearly remember where I've heard about it that when you have headphones with low impedance (>40 ohm) that you can hear the hissing sound. I've tried my JBL in ear headphones (I know, it's silly) and I can hear the hissing sometimes during a few mins of use. I've gone to a few stores to check out the on ear versions of headphones there, and sadly these are the ones I can buy, well have the money to buy, anyway:
Razer Kraken Pro
Razer Kraken (yeah, I know the difference is that these don't have a mic)
Razer Electra (without mic)
LOGITECH G230
ASUS Vulcan ANC (and don't tell me these because this is a ROG-only? forum :P)
SOL REPUBLIC Tracks V8

So does anyone have any experience with any of these on G750 notebooks?
Do you hear any hissing?
Btw. I like to listen to music a lot, and also I like long sessions of gaming, walks on the beach and stuff like that 😛

The main reason I'm asking here is because I hope that a lot of you fellas have a G750 notebook 🙂
Thanks for your help in advance 🙂
ASUS G750JH-T4086D
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ@ 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 250GB SSD (Samsung 840 EVO 250GB)
Display: Anti-Glare (yup, I'm bragging about it :P)
17 REPLIES 17

skip2mylou
Level 7
Orion Pros sound really good upgraded from logitech g930 ,very happy with my purchase

Randomname
Level 8
I just had the Kraken Pro on for about 5 minutes, there was no hissing, convinced the retailer to try them on, they sounded pretty great, even thou I had them on 100% sound volume 🙂
They are 32 ohms thou, don't know what to think.
Oh, I also tried the Vulcan ANC, my head almost exploded after plugging in a AAA battery and switching one the ANC (yep brought one from my 20 year old calculator xD).

@iammax, yup did the same thing 5 minutes ago, somehow it reinstalled the MaxAudio driver -.-"

@Villiansv To bad I don't have access to Beyerdynamics, there are only in-ear types, and well, I don't think they go higher than 16 ohm :S
As for seperate USB cards, nope, I can't find any (ahhhh, what a stupid country it is I live in -.-")
the AMP is the same I believe for all models 🙂
I wouldn't go with USB type headphones, I just don't want to be draging with me USB to 3.5mm converter (or whatever the word is for it :))
And also, the beyerdynamics that I have access to are around $1250 😄 (I know it's cheap xD)
The retailer has them in a shop in Belgrade and keeps them under lock and key xD
ASUS G750JH-T4086D

Randomname wrote:
...the beyerdynamics that I have access to are around $1250 😄 (I know it's cheap xD)
The retailer has them in a shop in Belgrade and keeps them under lock and key xD

These are the ones have been eyeing for a while, they are 600 ohm and are designed for use with an amp:

Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla Audiofile Stereo Headphone
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-T1-Audiofile-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B0031RD3YY/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=U...
sr=1-1&keywords=Beyerdynamics

Or these at 250ohm:

Beyerdynamic T90 New Tesla Audiophile High End Headphone
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Tesla-Audiophile-High-Headphone/dp/B00890YNBK/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie...

Beyerdynamic also makes a number of less expensive models that are 600ohm/250ohm for use with amps.

hmscott wrote:
These are the ones have been eyeing for a while, they are 600 ohm and are designed for use with an amp:

Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla Audiofile Stereo Headphone
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-T1-Audiofile-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B0031RD3YY/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=U...
sr=1-1&keywords=Beyerdynamics

Or these at 250ohm:

Beyerdynamic T90 New Tesla Audiophile High End Headphone
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Tesla-Audiophile-High-Headphone/dp/B00890YNBK/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie...

Beyerdynamic also makes a number of less expensive models that are 600ohm/250ohm for use with amps.

Mate, I wish I had a budget like you 😄
But those aren't for me definitely 🙂
It seems that you know quiet a lot about headphones, which one would you recommend of the ones above I posted and I've just been thinking to add the JBL J88i headphones, but there aren't a lot of reviews about them I can find (only 2) :S
ASUS G750JH-T4086D

I've ordered a V-Moda Crossfade M 100 yesterday and waiting desperately for it. I dunno how they would sound on this notebook though. Does anybody know that I would be getting the hissing noise or what with this spec? Sorry I'm not good at headphone jargons 🙂

Here's the official link

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/

And the one I bought from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPCG/

Randomname wrote:
I just had the Kraken Pro on for about 5 minutes, there was no hissing, convinced the retailer to try them on, they sounded pretty great, even thou I had them on 100% sound volume 🙂
They are 32 ohms thou, don't know what to think.
Oh, I also tried the Vulcan ANC, my head almost exploded after plugging in a AAA battery and switching one the ANC (yep brought one from my 20 year old calculator xD).

@iammax, yup did the same thing 5 minutes ago, somehow it reinstalled the MaxAudio driver -.-"

@Villiansv To bad I don't have access to Beyerdynamics, there are only in-ear types, and well, I don't think they go higher than 16 ohm :S
As for seperate USB cards, nope, I can't find any (ahhhh, what a stupid country it is I live in -.-")
the AMP is the same I believe for all models 🙂
I wouldn't go with USB type headphones, I just don't want to be draging with me USB to 3.5mm converter (or whatever the word is for it :))
And also, the beyerdynamics that I have access to are around $1250 😄 (I know it's cheap xD)

Hehe ok. My beyers aren't nearly that expensive - got them as a present from my wife, around £130 I believe. Mind you, I can't say if 32 ohms are all right or not, I only have 12 ohm and 80 ohm headphones, so I could only test with them. These are mine - http://www.megamusic.rs/www/singleitem.php?id=1350 (the 80-ohm version). You mentioned Belgrade, so I used google for Serbian results. They are still more expensive than the ones mentioned previously in the thread, so I don't know if they're outside your budget. If you do intend to go for these, the 80-ohm version is likely the better one for you. 250 ohms will potentially be hard to drive without an amp (though I've tried them on a galaxy s2 and htc 8x cellphones, they worked all right). On the other hand, the 80-ohms have a much more pronounced bass (which I like).

A major consideration has to be comfort. I absolutely hate wearing anything on my head (hats in winter, glasses), so headphones are really hard to pick. These are bar none the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Very light, given their size, and can be worn for hours and hours with no discomfort. Ideally when you pick headphones, you'll have a friend who has them and can lend them to you for a day so you can test for yourself (everyone's head is different). If not, a good no-questions-asked returns policy can also be a consideration.
Hope you find what you're looking for 🙂

villiansv wrote:
Hehe ok. My beyers aren't nearly that expensive - got them as a present from my wife, around £130 I believe. Mind you, I can't say if 32 ohms are all right or not, I only have 12 ohm and 80 ohm headphones, so I could only test with them. These are mine - http://www.megamusic.rs/www/singleitem.php?id=1350 (the 80-ohm version). You mentioned Belgrade, so I used google for Serbian results. They are still more expensive than the ones mentioned previously in the thread, so I don't know if they're outside your budget. If you do intend to go for these, the 80-ohm version is likely the better one for you. 250 ohms will potentially be hard to drive without an amp (though I've tried them on a galaxy s2 and htc 8x cellphones, they worked all right). On the other hand, the 80-ohms have a much more pronounced bass (which I like).

A major consideration has to be comfort. I absolutely hate wearing anything on my head (hats in winter, glasses), so headphones are really hard to pick. These are bar none the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Very light, given their size, and can be worn for hours and hours with no discomfort. Ideally when you pick headphones, you'll have a friend who has them and can lend them to you for a day so you can test for yourself (everyone's head is different). If not, a good no-questions-asked returns policy can also be a consideration.
Hope you find what you're looking for 🙂

The Beyerdinamic DT 770 PRO are way over my budget Q_Q
You're definitely right, a pair of headphones that suit me, doesn't mean that they will fit my friend 🙂
The Kraken Pro's (not a Razer fanboy here speaking) are very comfortable, at least for me. The return policies are crappy here :S Basically, there is only a warranty, if there was a return policy, a lot of people would buy them, "test" them for weeks and say, "Nah, I don't like them, I'm gunna return them" -.-"
Because of people like that, there are no return policies here :S
Thanks for your reply 😄
ASUS G750JH-T4086D

Randomname
Level 8
@Villiansv
To bad the only Beyerdynamics that are on the market here are around $1250 -.-"
Nope, I have no access to a seperate USB sound card :S (It's a wonderful country I live in -.-")
I'm not such a huge fan of shooters, main use for the headphones will be listening to music and watching movies, but it would be great for them to function as headphones for my JH 🙂
And honestly, I don't want to buy headphones that are only USB types :S
I couldn't use them with my mobile phone without buying a (whatever it's called) USB to 3.5mm converter xD
I think the AMP's are the same for all G750's 🙂

@iammax I uninstalled the driver and rebooted and surprise, surprise, the MaxAudio driver was still there O.o
W.T.F. O.o What kind of windows 8 black magic is this :s
ASUS G750JH-T4086D