cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI port not working after updating videodrivers

BlapX
Level 7
Hey whatsup peoples. Yesterday i updated my Nvidia driver from the asus site (G750JX with GTX 770m).

It worked great at home when i plugged in HDMI. But then in the evening i went to a mate. Plugged HDMI in and now the Laptop wont recognize HDMI i put in. So surely i was like when i am home it will work because t worked yesterday..

So i just plug the tv in again @ home.. and nope it wont recognize the HDMI port?

HELP !!!

Nvidia driver installed - 311.88 on windows 8 64x

Omg, now i uplugged the HDMI... and now i see ANALOG TV showing up in my Nvidia pannel? When it aint plugged...

Plugging in and......nothing happening. TV is not getting a signal?

Help!
30 REPLIES 30

BlapX
Level 7
So... i just did another clean install of latest nvidia drivers.... And still the same...

Its like the TV is not getting a signal, at all...

This **** is already bugging me out now... please help!

Or has it to do with the Intel onboard graphics... that its messing up with that ****? HELP!

Chino
Level 15
Press the Windows key + P to bring up a menu to access external displays. Select Duplicate or whichever option you're planning to use. Are you getting any video output now?

BlapX
Level 7
Duhhhh..... i tried that a gazillion times already.. No its not putting out anything..... Tv keeps saying "No Signal"

Well, i also bought a new HDMI cable just now... and i tell u, still nothing. Tested on 2 different tv`s now. ****!!

Chino
Level 15
Uninstall all the NVIDIA drivers. Download and install Driver Sweeper. Reboot in Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to remove any and all NVIDIA drivers. Reboot back into Windows, download and install the 320.49 NVIDIA drivers. See if that solves your problem.

Chino wrote:
Uninstall all the NVIDIA drivers. Download and install Driver Sweeper. Reboot in Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to remove any and all NVIDIA drivers. Reboot back into Windows, download and install the 320.49 NVIDIA drivers. See if that solves your problem.

The 320.49 drivers wont even install if u are reffering to the official Nvidia drivers......

How do i get into the Bios if i may ask?

The newest drivers will install with GeForce Experience, but you have to go to Prefrences -> Update and click the box to allow Beta drivers. The new Nvidia beta works fine for the G750 series, I've installed it myself using this method.

BlapX
Level 7
Hmm. thnx for the new beta, that one did install But.......................... nope on the HDMI... plug it in and Tv says "No Signal"

It does give a flicker when plugging in... but then after 5 - 10 sec i get no signal message. 😞

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Did you happen to update your chipset driver and Intel HD graphics driver as well? The latter might be more important in this case.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

The Asus G750 comes with Intel HD Graphics disabled at a hardware level so there's no point in installing or updating the Intel HD graphics driver. It might just screw up your machine further.
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄