cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDD Sound

CosmicPoweR
Level 7
Just got my Asus G750 yesterday, But now I able to hear the spinning friction slider/pointer sound of my right hand side HDD... Should I take back for a warranty? And also the bottom cover pop up just because two of the pin broken... 😞
12 REPLIES 12

UnfairAwesomene
Level 7
id exchange it for another one (im pretty sure Asus would tell you the same thing), pretty sure u'd have to pay to get it shipped to Asus, unless you can convinced them to send you another bottom cover (they don't technically physical damage, but since it came like that...). Well what you mean by bottom cover, the hdd/ram bay cover, or the entire bottom of the laptop?

I had to return the laptop 6x, got to know the people at the store too well lol. (cuz of factory defects)

The HDD/RAM bay cover.
Do you think I'm able to claim a new HDD because of the heavy spinning friction sound?

CosmicPoweR wrote:
The HDD/RAM bay cover.
Do you think I'm able to claim a new HDD because of the heavy spinning friction sound?

just exchange it for a new 1 already! Yea it means 1 of 2 things: either you are running it at 100%, or it's on the verge of failure (if you have my luck it will fail 1 day after warranty ends). tbh you should just replace the hdd with an ssd (after you exchange laptop). I really wouldn't send it to asus unless you absolutely have too, cuz you pay shipping one way (and they "can" give you refurbished parts).

Where did you buy it from? Did you at least get a free 1-year accidental warranty, i didnt because i bought it at best buy -_- and there was no way of me knowing untill after I tried to sign up for it, and they only give me store credit for returns otherwise i woulda bought the jx from amazon and got 1/2 price 3year ADH warranty, total ends up being less than what i would have paid to best buy. I refuse to pay Best Buy's insane warranty prices, and Asus refuses to offer/sell any to us people in North America (besides the required 1year manufacturer warranty). [+bunch of stuff i deleted]

UnfairAwesomeness wrote:
just exchange it for a new 1 already! Yea it means 1 of 2 things: either you are running it at 100%, or it's on the verge of failure (if you have my luck it will fail 1 day after warranty ends). tbh you should just replace the hdd with an ssd (after you exchange laptop). I really wouldn't send it to asus unless you absolutely have too, cuz you pay shipping one way (and they "can" give you refurbished parts).

Where did you buy it from? Did you at least get a free 1-year accidental warranty, i didnt because i bought it at best buy -_- and there was no way of me knowing untill after I tried to sign up for it, and they only give me store credit for returns otherwise i woulda bought the jx from amazon and got 1/2 price 3year ADH warranty, total ends up being less than what i would have paid to best buy. I refuse to pay Best Buy's insane warranty prices, and Asus refuses to offer/sell any to us people in North America (besides the required 1year manufacturer warranty). [+bunch of stuff i deleted]

Well, I bought it in authorized retailer shop and mine is under 2 years international warranty. Do you think i should take it back as it's still under warranty or I just exchange it but it'll void my warranty?

CosmicPoweR wrote:
Well, I bought it in authorized retailer shop and mine is under 2 years international warranty. Do you think i should take it back as it's still under warranty or I just exchange it but it'll void my warranty?

How did you get 2 year warranty, mine is only 1year =( , return it, buy another one, the new one will have a fresh warranty

UnfairAwesomeness wrote:
How did you get 2 year warranty, mine is only 1year =( , return it, buy another one, the new one will have a fresh warranty

WTH? Return it buy another one? Don't really get what u say.
U can return the NB when still under warranty and get a new one instead of repair/change parts for u? :confused:

If you just bought it, you should move quickly to try and get it replaced. If you wait, it increases the likelihood of them thinking "This guy probably broke this, otherwise why would he have waited?"

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
If you just bought it, you should move quickly to try and get it replaced. If you wait, it increases the likelihood of them thinking "This guy probably broke this, otherwise why would he have waited?"

Thanks, I most probably tomorrow will bring it back to the shop and see what can they do for me. Hopefully they will do clean replacement for my HDD bottom cover and HDD.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you have 7 days return period, call your dealer.