cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDD Frozen 1-2 sec problem !!! Moving games from HHD to SSD solves problem?

sefiremre
Level 7
Hey Guys;
I had a problem , when i want to play a game Like WoW or BF 4 sometimes my lap top is frozen 1-2 sec i tryed to move my games HHD to SSD this problem has solved , what can i do about my HDD when i want to play something in hdd its doing same problem , 2 TB i did bad sector test long 1 its totally clear but i don't understand what is the problem i don't wanna send my lap top to service its wasting time and its important for me in work. I thinking change my HDD or if you have any idea please share me .

Asus G751JY 256gb SSD + 2 TB HDD Model
4 REPLIES 4

MrRuckus
Level 10
1-2 seconds how often? Your HDD may be going to sleep, I would make sure "turn off your hard disk" is set to "never" in power management, that way your drive doesn't go to sleep if its idle. But if you're in a game, normally data to and from it would be pretty steady to where it wouldnt see much idle time. It could also be just the speed of the drive, thats really the only other factor if putting the game on your SSD solved the problem is going to be speed. I would make sure your HDD isnt doing anything in the background, like windows indexing or virus scan, ect. I would shut down any idle programs in the background to minimize the possibility of something hitting that drive up.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Gps3dx
Level 12
sefiremre wrote:
Hey Guys;
I had a problem , when i want to play a game Like WoW or BF 4 sometimes my lap top is frozen 1-2 sec i tryed to move my games HHD to SSD this problem has solved , what can i do about my HDD when i want to play something in hdd its doing same problem , 2 TB i did bad sector test long 1 its totally clear but i don't understand what is the problem i don't wanna send my lap top to service its wasting time and its important for me in work. I thinking change my HDD or if you have any idea please share me .
Asus G751JY 256gb SSD + 2 TB HDD Model

Play with laptop been connected to AC input.
change power options to "performance" and as stated by @MrRuckus - dig inside the advanced power options to see that your HDD never go to sleep in that "performance" mode.

if you got BAD SECTORS, it is a sign that your HDD is dying, and you better back all the data externaly and call for RMA if your under warranty.
Use CrystalDiskInfo portable app to check your HDD health.

if your drive is healthy, back your HDD somewhere else -> format your HDD as GPT instead of MBR -> return all the data.
Read here why, and also note that GPT advantage is data restoration/integrity ability ( i.e CRC check ups ) that does NOT exist on MBR based HDD.

it is also a good to have a partition on HDD dedicated only for games, as it is a good advice to defrag this partition after you install a heavy size new game ( it can help to shorten the loading time / boot time of games ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

now i moved it back to my SSD and its working very well i'll buy a new SSD np 🙂 i don't wanna send it service 🙂

sefiremre
Level 7
Firstly thank you for your helping guys . I am try it again same result , im playing attila and far cry 3-4 , GTA 5 its normal not have any frozen problem but when i want to play World of Warcraft some times 1-2 sec its frozen again ... i reinstall this game nothing change ...