cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDD bracket in " slave" location.

Cheetah
Level 7
I just cant get screw holes to line up in second HDD location. I tried both brackets but all the bracket holes only line up in the primary HDD location.
5 REPLIES 5

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
If you're asking about the attaching the G751 hard drive with bracket to the notebook, don't have my unit around right now to check, but from what I remember the same hard drive bracket/housing is used for both primary and secondary locations although you need to unscrew the hard drive from the bracket and use the other set of mounting holes.

Or said another way, you can't mount the hard drive and bracket in both locations without removing the hard drive from the bracket and screwing it in using the other set of mounting holes (which may be on the side of the bracket instead of the top or bottom depending on your point of view).

Feel free to let us know of course if I'm wrong about this or you're asking about something different. Thanks.

Cheetah
Level 7
Hi Albert
I first installed both HDDs and then tried the two brackets. Only primary drive all 8 screws line up.
I have done it many times before but for some reason its not working this time...very strange.
I just did the G-sync upgrade....very very happy with it!5926059260

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi Cheetah,

Glad to hear the G-sync upgrade went okay and thanks for the picture, but everything looks normal to me, so not sure why it's not working.
Don't know how much of a difference this can make, but sometimes if you just partially tighten all 4 mounting screws before you start fully tightening them, this will let you install them all.

You can probably screw in the bracket without even including the hard drive just to see if everything will line up?

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi Cheetah,

Glad to hear the G-sync upgrade went okay and thanks for the picture, but everything looks normal to me, so not sure why it's not working.
Don't know how much of a difference this can make, but sometimes if you just partially tighten all 4 mounting screws before you start fully tightening them, this will let you install them all.

You can probably screw in the bracket without even including the hard drive just to see if everything will line up?

both bracket screw down but only one HDD mounting screws fit.

Cheetah
Level 7
The second/slave HDD mounting holes don't line up.

Can somebody PLZ take pictures of the two original HDDs installed of the G751 JT laptop and post it here? Hopefully I will be able to see what the problem is.

Thx