cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Card issues on Asus 750G?

Jesise
Level 7
Hi, every one, I just want to know is the ASUS G750JW have the problem of switchable GPU?

I totally understand the optimus tech, and I know how to set each programs to use certain GPU (inter or Nvidia) on win7, I just want know whether it is has a second inter Gpu or it is only has a Nvidia card, so no optimus issues?

I went to shops today, on a certain laptop I did not find an program option on the desktop and Nvidia's control panel, it seems it do not have inter card but may be it because of windows8 which I did not familiar with.

At least if it has 2 GPU, how to close inter GPU from BIOS?
Thanks a lot .
10 REPLIES 10

DeedsCali
Level 7
As far as I am aware and I could be wrong, there is no optimus technology enabled in the G750 Series, although the CPU has a GPU on die it is not enabled and therefore you are only able to use the discrete graphics card, why would you want to use the on-board GPU anyways its a gaming laptop 🙂

noone
Level 8
No optiumus in G750, you don't see the HD4400 onboard graphics in device manager as its disabled.

hmscott
Level 12
Jesise wrote:
Hi, every one, I just want to know is the ASUS G750JW have the problem of switchable GPU?

I totally understand the optimus tech, and I know how to set each programs to use certain GPU (inter or Nvidia) on win7, I just want know whether it is has a second inter Gpu or it is only has a Nvidia card, so no optimus issues?

I went to shops today, on a certain laptop I did not find an program option on the desktop and Nvidia's control panel, it seems it do not have inter card but may be it because of windows8 which I did not familiar with.

At least if it has 2 GPU, how to close inter GPU from BIOS?
Thanks a lot .

That is the wonderful thing about the G750 series, Asus completely ignored the Optimus video and only implemented the discrete GTX card - so no annoying Optimus switching issues 🙂

But, that means that under battery power, there is only the discrete GPU and it runs in low power mode, so you don't get the flexibility of being able to kick in the Optimus low power GPU.

For me I don't care so much about gaming on Battery mode - I can plug in where ever I am interested in having full performance, so I am happy to not need to mess around with checking my Optimus mode and force switching in the discrete GPU.

Jesise
Level 7
well, thank you all, I am the one who hate inter on board GPU most in the world, if you guys said is true, that will be great.

I asked because you know, some products always announced they has a discrete GPU without mentioned they still has an on board one, which annoying me very much because I am a linux user... I would never use Bumblebee(a free driver which support switching GPU under Linux) any more on my lovely Fedora or Ubuntu..

To be confirmed, when you guys reboot your G750 and go into BIOS, the option does not has the on board GPU option?("UMA" or "Switchable") because this will 100% confirmed.

Jesise wrote:
well, thank you all, I am the one who hate inter on board GPU most in the world, if you guys said is true, that will be great.

I asked because you know, some products always announced they has a discrete GPU without mentioned they still has an on board one, which annoying me very much because I am a linux user... I would never use Bumblebee(a free driver which support switching GPU under Linux) any more on my lovely Fedora or Ubuntu..

To be confirmed, when you guys reboot your G750 and go into BIOS, the option does not has the on board GPU option?("UMA" or "Switchable") because this will 100% confirmed.

The main BIOS options area, "Advanced" hasn't any video related options, and none of the other tabs do either, "Advanced" is the most interesting tab:

Here is the Display Adapter section of the Device Manager in Windows 8.1:

Skat137321
Level 7
The only working GPU in the G750J series is the nVidia one.

Jesise
Level 7
The main BIOS options area, "Advanced" hasn't any video related options, and none of the other tabs do either, "Advanced" is the most

Thank you, I think I got everything I need to know~~;)

Jesise wrote:
Thank you, I think I got everything I need to know~~;)

Actually, maybe a bit more info might help 🙂

There is a new support area on the Asus support site for the G750JM - and the G750JM download area VGA section includes an Intel Graphics driver!!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?44308-G750JM-Support-Arrives-New-driver-Download-Area-to-Po...

If you want an Optimus technology free G750, you might need to get a G750JW/JX/JH, as it looks like the new G750 series might have NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology support.

But, if Asus is now supporting Optimus, I have to believe they nailed down the switching to the point that it is no longer a squishy mess, but instead a solid choice / selection model.

Strangely, there is no mention of Graphics switching, or Optimus, in the G750JM manual...
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G750JM/E7780.pdf

Maybe the Intel Graphics download was added mistakenly to the G750JM Download Area?

Jesise
Level 7
My god, I think I need to confirm with the staff if it has an on board GPU, I will return the product and kick his ass